Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 10:50 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Hi Epona ! No problem with that ! I have heard of the "Young Ones" and "Red Dwarf" shows, but unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to watch them.

I just love Monthy Python and Faulty Towers too.

BTW, did you happened to watch the "Father Ted" show ? I don't know what very religious people think of it, but it's a good one too.

Don't like Bottom but I love Red Dwarf, Monty Python & Fawlty Towers. My sister is Catholic and lives in Ireland, she says everyone there loved it, of course Dermot Morgan who played Father Ted died a few years ago so we won't see any more.

I'm sure you would have loved 'Allo, Allo' Moiraine - it was about the French resistance in WWII.

My faves are Ali G and the comedy quiz shows such as 'Have I got news for you' and 'Never mind the Buzzcocks'. And of course 'The Royle Family'. (My Arse!)

Also very funny on tv last week was the Man U comedy circus starring Fabien Barthez in the lead role.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-24-2001, 10:50 AM   #12
Epona
Zartan

Quote:

BTW, did you happened to watch the "Father Ted" show ? I don't know what very religious people think of it, but it's a good one too.

I absolutely adore Father Ted, I didn't include it because any self respecting Irishman/woman would have an apopleptic fit if it was included under the heading 'British'

EDITING: OMG my spelling is deteriorating.
------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:54 AM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Don't like Bottom but I love Red Dwarf, Monty Python & Fawlty Towers. My sister is Catholic and lives in Ireland, she says everyone there loved it, of course Dermot Morgan who played Father Ted died a few years ago so we won't see any more.

I'm sure you would have loved 'Allo, Allo' Moiraine - it was about the French resistance in WWII.

My faves are Ali G and the comedy quiz shows such as 'Have I got news for you' and 'Never mind the Buzzcocks'. And of course 'The Royle Family'. (My Arse!)

Also very funny on tv last week was the Man U comedy circus starring Fabien Barthez in the lead role.

Donut, hi ! I was starting to wonder when you would pop in here.

May I ask why you don't like Bottom ? Did you like "The New Statesman" ?

Oh, and now, I'm starting to get desperate to put my hands on "Red Dwarf" !
Old 10-24-2001, 10:55 AM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I absolutely adore Father Ted, I didn't include it because any self respecting Irishman/woman would have an apoplectic fit if it was included under the heading 'British'
Yes, of course ! But you are cousins or the Irish, aren't you ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-24-2001, 10:56 AM   #15
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Oh I HATE that show. Sorry. I guess The Young Ones was funny, but that kind of humour has been done to death now as far as I am concerned. I just don't find it very witty.
The Young Ones was hilarious! I love British humor, so different from the American concept. I never get to see it anymore though The closest our cable company comes to providing British comedy is the commercials for Benny Hill's Greatest Hits video.

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:57 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Donut - I hate Ali G. Hate isn't a word that adequately covers my feelings on this issue! Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Have I Got News For You are absolute classics though.

Moiraine - can your video take PAL format? I could send you a tape of Red Dwarf(if I can find it - I had an early series on video somewhere).

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 11:01 AM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Donut - I hate Ali G. Hate isn't a word that adequately covers my feelings on this issue! Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Have I Got News For You are absolute classics though.

Moiraine - can your video take PAL format? I could send you a tape of Red Dwarf(if I can find it - I had an early series on video somewhere).

Thanks Epona ! Yes, it takes PAL, but don't worry, I'll just have to make another order at Amazon now. You British people will make me broke !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-24-2001, 11:02 AM   #18
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

Why do you hate Ali G so much Epona?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-24-2001, 11:03 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

LOL, I caught that comedy cicus myself last week......and think I probably could have caught the ball too .

What's this rubbish about only one player per club allowed to come to Australia

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:21 AM   #20
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
... are you as huge fans of the "Bottom" show (starring Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson) as I am ?

I'll concede one thing : British humour is the best in the world !

I was making an order at Amazon.co.uk last week, buying books, mostly Fantasy, along with 4 DVDs of "Bottom", and my hubbie made the funny comment that now, when someone will look at the last Robin Hobb's book, he'll see "Persons who bought this book have also bought 'Bottom 3 - Hooligan's Island'" and think "Huh ?"

Robin Hobb! YESSSSSS!!!! One of the best fantasy writers on the planet, with the possible exception of Tolkien. Good woman!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate