Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2001, 08:59 PM   #111
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Stealthy's right. This is my first (very first) forum addiction..('fraid so, my friends/family are already planing an intervention! ) Though I've lurked around a few. Mostly I've just seen young male types 'whanking' (that's a musician term for showing off -Like, how many musicians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 12. 1 to screw it in and 11 to sit around and say, "I could do that better!") Anyhow, I've had nothing but welcome here. My story's a bit like Moiraine's, except I'm 38 and not quite married (my son's 7, how old is yours?). My given name is Lee and I've had my share of the "Mr." letters. I'm also in the technology field (senior networking support tech) which so far has been pretty accepting of my femaleness (that a real word?) from customers and not so much from co-workers, but I did appliance parts sales and service for years which is almost entirely male dominated (I seriously thought of changing my name to "Bambi" or something when people started asking for that "nice young man Lee, you know the one with the high voice?" And it was pretty aggrivating to find out how more my male counterparts were making for doing half the job I was!) I don't think we need the check boxes...I think if people are uptight about it, they should pick out names that leave no doubt, like me and Morraine and Sir_Tainly (lurk, lurk...Thank you, Sir! That's my word of the week!). (did that smiley come out right??? This morning's came out as 2 dots and a capital 'D' )

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 09:06 PM   #112
Stealthy

Hi LadyWendy, just for you I am not wearing my kilt , but I am wearing jeans . Trust me to catch up with you when I'm so tired I can't do anything!

LadyRae, were you lurking again, as I hadn't noticed you post during my merry chase of LadyWendy?

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-03-2001, 09:07 PM   #113
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi LadyRae, for some reason I found it easy to determine your a woman, but how I did so escapes me. Blind luck I guess. However I'll be happy to flirt with you! Lets make beautiful messages together
Old 03-03-2001, 09:10 PM   #114
Epona
Zartan

Erm, LadyRea, how can I put this? Your term for musician showing off, means something, ehem, slightly different to us Brits!!

Erm (blush) more to do with er... well, men ehem... 'satisfying themselves' if you know what I mean. Whew! I think I managed that without being lewd!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-03-2001, 09:13 PM   #115
Stealthy

Glad you mentioned it Epona, I was going to but I choked on my coffee! Seems appropiate for young boys though...

------------------

Old 03-03-2001, 09:18 PM   #116
Epona
Zartan

Brings to mind a saying I once heard: "Self abuse is no abuse"

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-03-2001, 09:20 PM   #117
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Please excuse me, I've been uhhh whanking but I promise I'll clean up!
Old 03-03-2001, 09:20 PM   #118
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Where the hell is Donut???

I think (just to go back on topic for a mo) that it´s good to not have a sex listing so that particularly women can be anonymous and feel unthreatened if need be.

I thought Draconia was a man until she corrected me.
I knew Melusine, Moiraine, Ladyzekke were femme.
I thought that... hmmm who shall it be.... oh yeah, I thought that Ramon was a girl just from her.. I mean his posting style (joshing, joshing)

Adds to the mystery. Means you have to actually CONVERSE or read to find out. And why should we have differing posting replys for men or women?

Yorick, baby, if only I had known ... I could have gone after you - you are a tall blonde after all - instead of molesting married ladies like Mrs. Virginia with my pitiful attempts ...

Btw, "girlish" posting style, that is an interesting concept: would you care to elaborate ? Boy, you could be in deep trouble in a hurry and not because of me.

On a much more serious note: with regard to the question you raised on the sojourner thread, it deserves an answer, but it is one of those questions you can only discuss carefully and thoroughly or not at all and I don't know if during the next days I will find the time, concentration and words to do so.

Have a wonderful stay in Berlin (or whereever you are right now) !

------------------
So long !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-04-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 09:23 PM   #119
Stealthy

Naughty, naughty Epona! You will have Ziroc on your back and every other male close behind

------------------

Old 03-03-2001, 09:26 PM   #120
Stealthy

Hey Ramones, get back to the other thread and answer my challenge, you multiple single personality disorder you!

------------------