Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 06:41 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

How can I increase my strength? It seems like my fighter, with all of her armor, can't carry much more than what she is wearing. I think her strength is at 15 and she can only carry 120 lbs. How do you increase ability scores?

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 03-11-2001, 06:51 PM   #2
Nostron
Manshoon

i don't u could but there are armor and things that add to your strength
like the belt u get at the adventure mart. give the person 19 strength.

Old 03-11-2001, 06:54 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

You can't, really, the idea is that when you roll the dice for a character, you try to get the best scores in the stats that are important for that class. For example, for a fighter you would want a high strength and also good constitution and dexterity, whereas intelligence and wisdom would be much less important.
However, there is a way around your problem, as there are some strength enhancing items in the game:
SPOILERS:
The girdles of Frost, Hill and Stone Giant Strength (found at a storekeep in Trademeet after the completion of the quest, in the Adventurers Mart and in the Underdark) There is also a Mace +2 called the Maulers Arm (I think it's in the Copper Coronet) which raises your strength to 18. I suggest that you quickly find on of these items as strength is very important for a warrior. The weigth carrying problem could be solved with a bag of holding: you can put tons of heavy armour in it and it will still weigh a fixed amount of lbs

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-11-2001, 06:57 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
Gauntlets of Ogre Power, found in the Planar Sphere with Entu, an evil halfing.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 07:22 PM   #5
Hesperex

failing that .........--SHADOWKEEPER--........

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-11-2001, 07:26 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you are one of those ppl who like to do things the longer way, you can also CreateItem the book, the item code is BOOK04.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!