Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 04:15 AM   #1
Anarion

In the spellhold after ive taken down Irenicus Yoshimo decides to attack me?!. Now this would be no big deal but previously i duled him into a fighter and he was very powerful- my secondry fighter. is there any whay in which I can get him back?
Old 01-10-2002, 04:18 AM   #2
Jan

Spoiler!!!

No.

Well if you want to cheat then yes. You could also leave him in town before you go to spellhold. Then he'll be there when you return.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Jan ]

Old 01-10-2002, 04:25 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I've never tried this myself, always went with Imoen, but I've heard that this tactic doesn't always work. Dunno if it has something to do with patches/different versions of the game, but from what I've heard from some people, if you leave Yoshi in town and come to pick him up after Spellhold, he usually just dies from his geas.

On the other hand, others insist that this is a well working strategy to keep the game's only full-blown thief... So I dunno, it might work or it might not.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 04:53 AM   #4
Jan

You are right J'aran. I was too fast on this one. Sorry guys.

I've heard the same. Patches, mods or bugs can let him stay alive or kill him.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:48 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The thing with Yoshimo staying alove is quite simple...
NOTE: This is prevented by the official patch, some versions of the game, and a baldurdash patch (not sure which one).

Before going to Spellhold, leave Yoshimo in the Copper Coronette.

When u (eventually) get back to the city, go to the CC- go to the entrance near Yoshimo. PAUSE BEFORE HE DIES. Talk to him, unpause, allow him in ur group. He will now die, but his image is now in ur group portraits so u can now raise or resurect him.

Havent ever tried this though, so i might be wrong about the preventions.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:09 AM   #6
Anarion

damn i spent ages( and plenty of gold) dueling him into a kickass fighter.