Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2003, 12:47 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

As I have recently promised in the Boogre Bar that Stackman will be returning in the forthcoming summer holidays.

To give you a little foretaste of his forthcoming experiments and adventures I conducted an experiment on the Djinni of the Lamp yesterday to see if I could kill him. Here are my results:

1) Rubbing the lamp when standing in a position that would lead to the Djinni's appearing in a body of water results in the Djinni's staying inside the lamp. No matter how many time one uses the lamp.

2) The Djinni can be pushed down into water, but he never seems to be able to submerge.

3) The Djinni can be teleported into a pool of water, but no matter for how long one waits the Djinni will not start drowning. Another problem that arises in connection with teleporting is the fact that the Djinni will start disappearing when the party comes into such a distance from the Djinni, that it disappears out of sight (in the visibility of broad daylight). Even if one immediately again steps close to the Djinni it will continue dissolving once the process has begun.

4) The Djinni can be attacked but seems virtually immune to weapons and almost all offensive spells. I have found high level fiend spells to have some effect. But even these do very little damage.

5) The problem with these attacks is the fact that the Djinni will immediately start disappearing. So there is no time to wage a lengthy battle with him which is what is needed.

6) Once one has offended the Djinni it will start casting vanish spells at the party. It will also "make a wish" on the first party character who offends him. This results in the character's losing one point in all his stats. (Strength, Dexterity, etc.)

7) If one continues to carry the lamp when offending the Djinni the lamp will disappear. One can, however, drop the lamp immediately after summoning the Djinni. In this way the lamp is not "used up" but can be recycled. If one summons the Djinni again after having offended him, he is NOT mad, but instead he offers the usual gifts. However: he has regained full health and so this is not the way to take the life of the Djinni.

8) The Djinni can however be summoned when the person who uses the lamp stands in a position that will make the Djinni appear under an elevator, etc. The Djinni can also be pushed into a such position.

9) I was able to summon the Djinni underneath one of the arms of the windmill in the Wilderness of Valeia. I had to wait for a CONSIDERABLE amount of time until he had lost virtually all of his health. There was then the possibility of A) timing a massive attack with fiend spells so that the attack would be the factor that killed the Djinni, or B) teleporting the Djinni away from the arm just in time. I chose the last approach and was finally able to succeed after a couple of reloads. IN THIS WAY I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO KILL THE DJINNI.

10) HOWEVER: The Djinni had no items to drop. Which was expected since one cannot pickpocket anything from him. Secondly he yielded NO EXPERIENCE POINTS WHATSOEVER. Very disappointing.

11) The Djinni can be summoned via the lamp again even though he has been killed.

12) The Djinni has either 2430 or 2435 hitpoints. (When I killed the Djinni I did 6 points of damage with the lifesteal spell. When I cast restore health on him he healed 2429 points.)

If anyone has any ideas for Stackman's forthcoming adventures and experiments please let me know. (I will try stacking my way to the Dragonspire, Bungleau. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ). I think the Dragonspire can be circumvented by way of tree surfing. Furthermore one can, if one has the necessary patience, cast the create portal spell on a buzzard when it passes over the Spire thus gaining way to to the top of the place.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:39 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

What about attacking the Djinni with Witch sticks or Nightblades? Specifically, I'm thinking about things that would put him to sleep or paralyze him?

JAT. I'll see if I can come up with anything else. Great analysis!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:32 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

My, I must have been somewhat preoccupied when I posted the topic. (Family visit). I have, of course, tried to petrify the Djinni - both by casting spells and using weapons. None of those things worked according to plan. Neither did my attempts to paralyze him or put him to sleep.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Bungleau.

[ 05-29-2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-29-2003, 11:50 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Somehow, I had a feeling that you'd be miles ahead of me

What about the door in Anephas' shrine where the darkened one appears? That door has knocked out the darkened one time and again for me, and if the Djinni were to appear in just the right spot... all you'd have to do would be to get in one lick towards the end...
-+-+-+
Old 05-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Absolutely. The only problem would be the timing of the last blow.

I just realized I made another omission when posting the topic: The circle of fire spell is of no use either. First of all it does no damage to the Djinni. Secondly summoning him in the middle of the fire or casting the spell in a manner that will affect him makes him pretty angry.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:33 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Last blow doesn't matter. As long as you get one blow in, you get XP (if available) for the kill. You may get an assist instead of a kill, but unless you're in the middle of your barbarian promotion quest, that really doesn't matter now, does it?

So the key would be timing your blow to be towards the end, so that if the Djinni is trying to disappear, it won't be able to complete the job.

[ 05-30-2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+