Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
Marant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Jaheira is driving me nuts! Literally every second she goes into her "I will not tolerate this waste of time.." speech and whatever answer I give her, she does it again a second later...

I'm not predisposed to murder but she's driving me mad and to make it worse, evey time she speaks she stops moving so it's her wasting time. I'd love to get rid of her but she's one of my most powerful people and I'm trapped in the underdark. I'll never get out without her. Plus I want to keep her.

The rate it happens it's got to be a bug. When I said every second, I meant it. I know I rest a lot, but this is taking things to extremes.. I've installed the patch, but that didn't help.

Can anyone out there help me before I go insane? Please? I'm begging!

(I have ToB installed and the appropriate patch)
Marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Wich patch do you have? If you mean the official one, you still need Baldurdash Fixpack.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

heh I can never stand her long enough to take her in BG2, at least in BG(TotSC) She's not completely useless to me, as she is in BG2 (with the wealth of alternatives, there's no reason to take her and put up with her shrill harping)
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
heh I can never stand her long enough to take her in BG2, at least in BG(TotSC) She's not completely useless to me, as she is in BG2 (with the wealth of alternatives, there's no reason to take her and put up with her shrill harping)
Well there is. She's the one of the best tanks in the game. (If not the best)
Old 03-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

I have a similar problem: she doesn't talk all the time but when she does, she always says the same lines. Does anybody know what values or variables to modify with Shadowkeeper so that she moves on with her ramblings?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Well there is. She's the one of the best tanks in the game. (If not the best) [/QUOTE]With her very limited selection of weapons, she doesn't rank too highly. Only real use is her Insect Plague.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Well there is. She's the one of the best tanks in the game. (If not the best) [/QUOTE]With her very limited selection of weapons, she doesn't rank too highly. Only real use is her Insect Plague. [/QUOTE]Actually she does. I won't discuss it here tough, becuase it would made me a thread-hijacker. PM me if interested.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #8
Marant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks! I've installed the baldurdash fix pack, I'll let you know if it works. She doesn't always start, but when she does she just didn't shut up.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:21 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

Maybe you should do her quest?

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:42 AM   #10
Marant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought it might be that, but I've not had her quest start. At least I don't think so. I've saved her from being poisoned when you go into the sea's Bounty in the docks. But I haven't started anything with the Harpers?

Does this start automatically? (Plus I'm in the underdark so there's no way I can do it for her just yet - Harping on every second won't help)

[ 03-22-2005, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Marant ]