Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Crazy Is anyone watching this "Balloon Boy" saga unfold?

Well, I have been. Much to my reluctance, I could not avoid it. Now I find myself fascinated by the whole thing. Basically, they have now ruled it as a hoax and charges are being brought against the parents.

The story, for any who don't know of it, is here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_balloon_boy

At first, I thought it was real, seeing how the father got so pissed off when the press would ask if it was all set up. He said things like "Of course it's not a hoax, i'm not selling anything". Then, out of curiousity, I went back and watched the family on the show "Wife Swap", and realized just how much of a nutjob the dad is. A total bully, with the mentality of his own kids - yet he is occupying the "adult" role. His kids are so out of control and he leads them on in this way. He threw food at the "new" wife, a guest in his own home, ridiculed her in front of his kids, egged them on when they did too.

In the video, you can see the kids cussing at her and saying things like "Why don't you freaking shut up?" and their dad just sits there laughing. Then they blur the camera because the boys are flipping the bird at her. The odd thing is the dad isn't ashamed of this, he is almost proud. Looks to be a real framewhore imo, so I knew a week ago he did all this to get attention, and possibly a reality show. It turns out that he did indeed pitch a reality show to TLC previously, but they turned it down. The thing is, this show would indeed be watched by many people, just to see the kids misbehaving and the father team up with them. Even though charges have been filed, don't assume we won't see this dysfunctional family on TV soon. Crazy sells, and this is the personafication of it.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Is anyone watching this "Balloon Boy" saga unfold?

Gut instinct was right ... this WAS a hoax.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/18/col...ion/index.html

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

What do you expect from two who met in acting school. Current media mania has only three things going today, reality TV being the worst show(s) for the money!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Busted by the kid who was too honest for his own good lol.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote