Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2003, 05:24 AM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yeah, especially when everyone dies, and the one survivor is laying on a mine and can't move.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:13 AM   #42
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

First of all, it seems that Croatia is very popular. I didn't thought that so many people know of it. And it's not odd that only Europeans know where it is. I can't correctly name 10 states in USA. So, here's where we are located:

This topic doesn't have anything to do with Macedonia, Yugoslavia or Slovenia. They are around Croatia, but the topic is called simply "Croatia", not Balkan states.

Xen and Epona seem to be a little off topic. If you'd like to discuss Slovenia's beautiful landscape then start a new topic.

Iron ranger, Croatian and Serbian are similar, but they are different languages.

Croatia is very famous for it's football team. We were 3rd team in the world in France 1998. Nobody expected that (not even me), but they made it! One of the best players was Davor Šuker (not David, Donut ). However, we just sucked in Korea last year.

Our hand-ball team also won the 1st place in the world in December 2002.

One of NBA players, Toni Kukoc is coming from Cro as well. I think he plays for Milwaukee Bucks now.

One of the stars of ER, Goran Višnjic is also from Croatia. In ER he plays Luka Kovac and in some episodes he even talks in Croatian.

For those who didn't understand who Aelia jusa was referring to, it's Goran Ivaniševic who won Wimbledon by defeating Pat Rafter (Australia). Sorry, Aelia.

Another famous person from Cro is Mirko Filipovic aka Cro-cop (K1). Here's a pic of him in a fight with Sakuraba Kazushi.

He also defeated Bob Sapp, although only few thought he would.

We also have a beautiul sea. And many people come here on summer vacation. There are more foreign cars than Croatian ones when they do. However, you're all welcome to visit Croatia! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Masklinn, the red and white pattern that represents our country is actually from our herald (not sure if that's the right word, though), but it's on the flag anyway. You can see the flag in Vedran's sig.

As for what we drink, I don't know why you all say it's oh so strong. But, maybe I'm just used to it so I don't realize how strong it is. BTW, Horatio, the fact that we drink stronger booze doesn't mean that we're all heavy drinkers.

And, Stratos, pm me about your mom's fiance (his age, name and surname) if you are allowed and can get that info for me (maybe I know him).