Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
Beth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there other places to play online mods like the Undermountain mod? I want to play the Undermountain mod (I played the pen and paper version [img]smile.gif[/img] ), but I don't have the second expansion

Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Beth,

Welcome to Ironworks.

unfortunatly Undermountain as well as most online Mods require the original game plus Shadows of Urentide & hordes of the Underdark.

To see what servers you can connect to you can select your multiplayer button on your NWN splash screen, connect to gamespy and it will bring up a list of servers that currently have games on them. All you need to do is then find one with your packs on them.

Hordes of the Underdark is still available as a stand alone expansion (I've still seen it in the shops) however with the platinum pack being released the chances of getting Hordes by itself is getting slimmer and slimmer.

My advice. Get HoTu if you want to play online. Most servers will need it.

Cheers!
Old 10-24-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
Beth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool. Thanks for the info. Does it require a subscription or a fee to play multi-player?

Sorry if my questions are retarded I've had the game for a while (I got the Gold Edition), but I've only recently acquired a computer that will allow me to play it (finally!). So I don't know much about multi-player and what not.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:30 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

There is no fee to play online it is all free!

There are no retarded questions. Hell go back a year and I was asking the same questions. I hvae the Gold Edition as well but really recommend to go get the Hotu Expansion. It addes a few more prestige classes and epic levels as well.

If you want to play in Undermountain and get Hordes of the underdark there are a few Hak packs (extra content) packs to download as well. There is a sticky post in the EfU forum to show you how to get online and play in our undermountain.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
Beth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I will have to track that down soon. I loved the pen and paper Undermountain. Great, great stuff.

While I'm asking...is there a certain camera view you prefer or one that seems to be more popular than others? I seem to have my beef with all of them, but am using...drive cam right now I think. It's possible that I'm just not used to moving around yet. I tend to miss things like chests and people....everything's so small.

One thing I really like, is the henchmen. I love my henchmen [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2004, 11:01 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Henchmen are good and get improved with the Hotu expansion.

Our escape from undermountain is "based" on the PnP boxed version but it would be almost impossible to totall recreate that box in a computer game.

For the chase cams I usually just play around with mine and adjust manually. I have a wheel mouse with a third button. When I press and hold down the button I can adjust the camera, zoom, change angles. makes it really easy to play.