Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

We have a number of stories going here on the forum and while I really don't want to get into making all of them sticky posts, I do think that Bungleau's and Radek's are deserving of such.

I think it would be worthwhile adding Radek's Tia Story as a sticky because of the game play information which is included. It's almost like a Best Tips thread in story form.

So before I go ahead and make another Sticky - I thought I would get posters input.

Radek, I do think it would be nice to at least put the whole story together into one thread - you want me to do that or would you like to?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Definitely Wyv. BUt couldn't we, or Radek that is , post his story in the featured story thread? After Bungleau has finished his story we'll add Radek's right behind it. Perhaps with an intermission post of some kind in between. That way we save the story as well as feature it without having too many threads featured. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yep - that would be a piece of cake! I can just change the SUBJECT line and we can put the two together (after Missy Hissy is done)!

Good idea, Willow!!!

Wyv
Old 06-04-2003, 10:10 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm all in favor of saving Radek's story. I thought it was great [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

But holding off until I finish Missy's travels... that may be a while Time is NOT on my side...

What about this... temporarily add a new sticky with Tia's adventures. Once I finish with Missy, we can then combine the two threads in whatever way makes sense. We may want to make it so there's an initial index-type post, so if another story shows up that merits inclusion, it can be added easily.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I'm all in favor of saving Radek's story. I thought it was great [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

But holding off until I finish Missy's travels... that may be a while Time is NOT on my side...

What about this... temporarily add a new sticky with Tia's adventures. Once I finish with Missy, we can then combine the two threads in whatever way makes sense. We may want to make it so there's an initial index-type post, so if another story shows up that merits inclusion, it can be added easily.
Come now Bungleau. We are not trying to put pressure on you. We just are!

If we are to post Radek's story in the missy we could do it right now. In the last Missy chapter we could add a link to the next chapter thereby bypassing Radek's story for those who wish to read Bungleau's straight through. So at the bottom of chapter 25 we add
code:
<a href="http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...ltimatebb.cgi?
ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=008054#chapter26">Continue to chapter 26</a>
[/QUOTE]And Bungleau then adds
code:
<a name="chapter26">Chapter 26: Title of chapter</a>
[/QUOTE]When Missy has completed her adventures we can reorganize the thread. [img]smile.gif[/img] (There is a line break between ? and ubb=get... If we are to use this strategy that will have to be removed.

[ 06-04-2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Might I add, that I vote in favour of the suggestion? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 10:11 AM   #7
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I can definitely say i second....or third....or....whatever....the move to make Tia's story ~STICKY~.

Combinding it with Missy Hissy would be an even greater idea.

At least when Bungleau ends the story.... ah well

Tout est bien, qui finit bien....je pense

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 06-11-2003, 02:52 PM   #8
Queen Kalindra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I vote to preserve Tia along with Missy. The Iliad and Odyssey of the Gael Serran.