Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Boy this season looks like it's going to be a good one! It's gonna be tough for Chef Ramsey to find a gem in this group LOL! I give the crying, fainting, asian cowboy one or two more episodes before he's out. And he almost served "Chicken and Snot" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I thought he just cried once but the previews show more of him crying sheesh LOL. Oh and that short guy (with some sort of kidney problem?) just creeps me out with is odd looking scowling face. And the fact that there was actually a problem getting someone who can fry an egg properly was hilarious. All in all, what a group of nutballs LOL, it's great!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Oh yes I love it. It's so ridiculous that I must watch. I always wonder, "why would someone sign up for that?". There seems to be no shortage in people who will do anything and subject themselves to anything just to be on TV. I saw the previews and Chef was all "Stop crying!".

Speaking of nutty shows, "I Love NY 2" is coming up soon also rofl. Did you see the finale? It was like Jerry Springer. I think it was staged though (the breakup part), so they could make a second one. I won't complain, because that was one nuthouse I cheerily observed.

There's a slew of bad reality shows on now that I can't help but watch. Even if I hate it I must watch it. I am the kind of person who will sit there in disgust and amusement but cannot turn it off. Bravo has some terribly stupid ones. That hair-cutting one for example. My god that's a laugh. And the people are so eager to win and i'm thinking "it's just hair". Then there's that top designer one, which I can't take seriously either. I like the Kathy Griffin D-list one though - she's very funny.

Don't even get me started on the thoughtless and shallow attempts that Mtv makes at reality. That eXposed one is a riot to watch. And that other one, "Next"."He Nexted me". Lol, so retarded.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
Ladyzekke

LOL Spiritwarrior, I am the exact same way with these reality shows, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! You should post more, cause I love to chat (rag) about them.

I agree that people should expect the worst if they plan on being on a reality show LOL. And Hell's Kitchen you really should expect to get cursed at, insulted, and possibly a plate a food pushed on you LOL.

As for I love NY 2, yep I see they are doing another one, and not surprised at all. I just hope they can find quality freaks like they did the first season LOL. Oh and yes I saw that finale, and did you see Romance's new hair? Was that a reverse skunk look or what? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I also watched the hair show, Shear Genius. I cracked up every time that model guy/host killed the English language LOL - "And for the next shallens.." I don't know if we'll see another Shear Genius, it seemed kind of a one-time deal. I mean, what else can be done from here? I loved that one hate-filled Gal Tabatha, and her hate for her rival who had similar white hair LOL. Highlights from the show - dumb girl falling in love with hedge clippers; Gay dude doing someone's hair with his shirt off and the armpits and hairage displayed for all to see, including the poor gal having her hair worked on, I reckon she got the best view; Gay dude turning a girls head multi shades of orange and proud of it; "Dr. Boogie" and his hideous short as hell red shag. I've never felt more sorry for people than the poor saps who volunteered to have their hair done on this show LOL. Oh, and that one judge, the dyke - I hate her hair. If she thinks that looks good, wow... And what the hell does Victoria Principle have to do with being a hairdresser?

The Top Design show I thought was crap, and another I will be surprised to see again. The dude that gave the designers advice sounded like a walking commercial, the host guy was like some cartoon character, and that one female judge dressed like some crazy person LOL. And their decisions on who to vote out didn't make any clear sense, it was more about what they themselves liked via their own personal tastes.

Now Project Runway is one show I really do like and can't rag on. But I can rag on some of their designers, so that's fun. Can't wait for that to return, it's gotta be soon.

I also watch some of the MTV shows, but I must say I don't like Exposed. Just cause that voice lie detector thing is bogus so it just feels a bit too scripted for me. Next I really like though. I think it is scripted as well in that they obviously make people say stupid crap when introducing themselves on camera, and they have to do dumb shite on the bus while waiting their turn for our own entertainment LOL. But otherwise a lot is not scripted. Did you see the one where this crazy girl fell down the bus stairs LOL? Gawd I could watch that over and over again LOL. I also like Blind Date, but it's hard to find that on anymore. I did see a few shows on last week on FoxReality channel, and I didn't remember them so maybe the show is still running and not dead. Let's hope not! Have you seen a Blind Date SpiritWarrior?

I also watch The Real World and Real World/Road Rules Challenges. All idiots and morons. I'd love to see a herpes percentage amonst them all LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Oh and don't forget the Surreal Life, that's always a craptastic show. Am curious who else they can dig up to make another one LOL.
Maureen McCormack seems to be visible a lot on TV...

I also like those Wife Swaps/Trading Spouses Meet Your New Mommy shows. If you ever watch one Spiritwarrior, you HAVE to try to find a repeat of the Wife Swap wherein one family was on a complete "raw" diet, including eating only raw meat. SEriously, watch it if you ever see it repeated. The father is hilarious beyond hilarious with his babyfied crying and dramaqueen in the bathroom. I don't want to spoil so will say no more LOL, other than to say it makes that one dude on I Love NY, having a mental breakdown on the stairs, look almost normal. Yah LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-10-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

LOL yes, reality tv is my guilty pleasure. God, where do I start?

Hell's Kitchen, I am looking forward to. Chef Gordon is such a bastard, lol. Did you ever see that one where he went to Australia and just started spouting shit about another well-known chef there, in tv interviews etc. even though he knew nothing about him? And he was then confronted by the guy and he snook out the back door! But yeah i'll be watchin this new season. The "Oh stop bloody cryin!" part reeled me back in.

And oh yes, I saw Romance's roadkill haircut. He reminded me of a nerdy Vanilla Ice. And then he threw down the laminated magazines lol. NY was just dissin him for the whole thing. And then she started on "Ya-ya". It was a freakshow, that finale. Now they're allowing viewers to pick the contestants for the new season, I imagine it will be hilarious.

That's what it's called, Shear Genius (I didn't get through much of it). I too, cracked up laughing at Tabathas rivalry with the other guy. She was all "He's like an evil little leprechaun" when she looks like his alien sister. It makes me laugh because they are so bitchy over hair. I love when the judges throw in corny puns like "You've just been snipped". And the people look genuinely gutted!

Don't get me wrong on the MTV shows. I never watch them in the sense that I "can't miss it". They show alot of them in a row at night and they are just so ridiculously corny and scripted that I can't look away for fear that i'd miss some new low in tv history. Almost everything is scripted on the Mtv shows. The contestants are told "Come out of the van and show off a bit, then stir up some crap with your rivals, then if you are rejected, make friends with your rivals and come together to insult the guy who rejected you". Ever see that one "Room Raiders"? My god, that's a laugh. They're told to mention some good and bad things that they find in a room. The problem is, sometimes there's nothing really bad that they just make up issues out of nowhere like "I found a sock in your room, that's disgusting! I can't be with a guy that wears socks!". And of course the camera cuts to the guys reaction, which will be a deathly pale look of terror because he may not be picked. It's so scripted and corny that it's funny as hell to me.

Blind Date. Is that the show where they'd add little speech and thought bubbles? I used to watch that a few years back, it would come on like 2/3am. Is this the one? It was funnie only because of the things that would come up on the screen. There were some freaky looking people in that show iirc. I recall some couples ended up hating each other, that was a riot.

I rarely watch the Real World. I find it to be the same old thing every season. Where someone speaks up that "Jenny needs to wake up and get out of this dreamworld" or some such issue, and then an argument ensues and then apparently that's when people "Start being real". I can't bear to watch it for long, lol.

I can never catch these wife/spouse/family-swapping shows. I have seen some funny clips of them on "The Soup" but never actually got to see 'em. God, there's so much reality tv on now, evcery channel has at least one reality show. It's bloody mental.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Ladyzekke

I don't remember that particular Hell's Kitchen in Australia, sounds hilarious! I know I watched a marathon of what I assumed was last season recently on FoxReality channel. I missed the first 4 episodes though. It was the season where there was a big guy who sweated a lot and Jean Phillipe had to tell him to stop touching his head and face LOL. It was also the season where poor Jean Phillipe kept getting called Jean Paul LOL. I'm really surprised this show hasn't come out on DVD yet. Or maybe it has, but if so I haven't seen it in stores.

Oh yes Tabatha on Shear Genius had the most ugly evil looking face. She really didn't have any right to rag on anyone else's looks LOL. She was probably jealous cause he rocked the white hair better LOL (not really). Oh, and speaking of corny puns? To me, the worst one of all was on the Top Design show, i.e., "See ya later decorator." I mean seriously I cringed every time gawd.

I remember Room Raiders, and yep socks were very popular items for some odd reason. But have you ever seen Date My Mom? Now that one is hilarious. A guy dates 3 girls' mom and goes by said mom to decide which girl he'll pick to go on a date with. The looks on their faces when they pick a total freako (who has a really nice normal looking mom) is really worth watching LOL. And there's another show on right now that I can't recall the name of. It's really scripted. It has parents who have a son or daughter, and they hate the current boyfriend/girlfriend. So they interview a bunch of people, and eventually pick 2 to go on a date with their son/daughter in hopes they will break up with their current boyfriend/girlfriend. The barbs that are tossed back and forth on that couch are pretty funny, and has to be scripted because nobody's that witty that fast LOL.

Oh and yes, Blind Date is the one with the little text bubbles and animations. It also came on at a very late hour here. I don't know if the show airs still or not, but I do still see it now and then. I bought a DVD of it last year. It included 3 discs, one was a normal Blind Date, the other two discs were entitled "Dates Gone Bad" (my personal favorite) and "Freaks and Weirdos" hee!

In comparison to all the nutbag shows, no doubt The Real World isn't quite the same, it can be boring at times. The Challenges are usually interesting just to see the fighting and backstabbing though.

Yeah the Wife Swap shows aren't on right now and no telling when they will air again. And some of them are boring, it really depends on the family. But get a really good messed up family, and you actually learn something - you see why there are so many screwed up people in the world LOL, you see them being raised that way before your very eyes LOL! Scary! And funny. And if I ever do see that one Wife Swap with the raw food diet man, I'll let you know because again, that one was the best one. I mean, to see a grown man, a father, collapse into the fetal position in the bathroom out of nowhere and cry like a two year old, over really nothing, is just stunning. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Can't wait till tonight! Someone gets hurt or something bad happens... And WOW! that small guy... Scary...

ALSO--- Big Brother and Showtime (the channel) will be showing something called "Big Brother After Dark" basically, they show the live feeds from the Internet from 12am till 3am. (This is when they drink, talk strategy, and fight) It's cool that BB is getting more airtime, it'll still be on CBS. July 5th!!! Got my live-feed recorder ready!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

I know, it looks like crying Asian Cowboy takes a fall. Maybe he's another fainter. Or maybe he slips on his own tears, I'll be tuning in to find out!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-13-2007, 02:57 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

God that asian guy is a mess. I think he indeed worked in the kitchen before but just washed dishes all day long and this is why he is so overwhelmed. It looks odd seeing the big lug break down like a little girl. LoL, did you see when he "zoned out" and the guy was all "he's gone, he's not there". I was expecting Chef Ramsey to hit him with a rolling pin!
And then that Eddie guy. Good god, I wouldn't want him handling my food. Imagine calling for the chef and him walking out. I'd be phoning the zoo for reports of renegade animals.

The recent Hell's Kitchen episode was kinda gross, with all that fish stuff. I can't even mention it, I felt like vomiting. But you know what i'm talking about if you saw it. Maybe it's me but I can't eat fish for awhile after watchin that.

Oh and btw Lady Z, yes "Date my Mom" was a royal mess I happily viewed. I love when you see how bad at acting they are, when at the end the kids pretend to be all happy and run into a bluescreen that is supposed to be a sunset. Remember that other one "Parental Control"? That was a another ridiculously scripted gem.

Edit: Oh, "Parental Control" is the one you're talking about, lol. Yeah, I love how they make the boyfriend talk to the parents all mean. My favourite thing to see is the guy getting dumped and the girl running off with someone else.

[ 06-13-2007, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

I'm going to get some funny screen shots from Hell's Kitchen and post em soon. And I agree with you, Charlie doesn't exactly look like a chef!

Oh and Spiritwarrior, I thought of another one you may or may not know: Did you have the pleasure (or pain, depends) of seeing VH1's The White Rapper Show? Please say you did LOL! And if so, which one was the most pathetically hilarious? I myself say the female teenage mutant Eminem. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I'm going to get some funny screen shots from Hell's Kitchen and post em soon. And I agree with you, Charlie doesn't exactly look like a chef!

Oh and Spiritwarrior, I thought of another one you may or may not know: Did you have the pleasure (or pain, depends) of seeing VH1's The White Rapper Show? Please say you did LOL! And if so, which one was the most pathetically hilarious? I myself say the female teenage mutant Eminem. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
LOL no, I must have missed it. The name itself is all I need to know what kinda show it is. Damn, are they re-running it anywhere? I imagine it was quite an oddity.