Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 05:51 PM   #1
mewp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In chapter two do I have to , or rather need to , kill everything in area 4 before going on to area5? They keep manufacturing more and I have to go out to heal and it seems like there are more of them. The high summoner seems to be a step ahead of me at every turn. Also, are all of the villagers already dead?
mewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:37 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Yes, you will have to kill (almost) everything before proceeding to the next level. The High Summoner is your friend, eh? [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

Which villagers? In Kuldahar? Or the ones in the High Clerist's chamber? You'll have to hurry up in order to find out.... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:43 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you are in need of allies, try this (spoiler):

release the adventurers that are trapped in the locked room at the northwestern part of that level. They can help clear a path for you thru the summoned monsters.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 04:25 PM   #4
Durwyn
Elminster

Yep, that other adventure party can clear just about the whole level for ya and even watch over you while you rest.

Good Luck!
Old 02-02-2002, 07:12 PM   #5
mewp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I did rel;ease them and now they are doing me no good in fact they have red circles under them. I think I need to do this entire level over. I think that will be my best bet. Boo hiss. I went to the room and released them,. I think . Is the Marchon of waterdeep one of them? NOw he wants to kill me.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:13 PM   #6
mewp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I did rel;ease them and now they are doing me no good in fact they have red circles under them. I think I need to do this entire level over. I think that will be my best bet. Boo hiss. I went to the room and released them,. I think . Is the Marchon of waterdeep one of them? NOw he wants to kill me.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:10 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

It sounds like you attacked them mystake don't be in so much of a rush
and be careful not to use area weapons like fireball or ice storm when you try to rescue them or they will attack you.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #8
mewp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went back and redid the level. I think I had attacked them by mistake and finally got through the level.NOw I am on to the next and getting killed again but I shall quest on.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:46 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You might have inadvertently hit Marchon or one of the others with an area effect spell. That would be sufficient to have them go hostile.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:02 PM   #10
safyre246
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did the same thing when I played IWD. All the NPC's on that lvl went hostile on me. So instead of rebooting, I did what any evil party would have done. I killed em along with the critters [img]smile.gif[/img] . It was worth it for me I guess. The Marchon Of Waterdeep had a cool +2 Flameblade for the taking.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and in strange aeons even death may die" - H.P. Lovecraft

[img]graemlins/skeleton1.gif[/img]
safyre246 is offline   Reply With Quote