Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 09:20 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

After installing ToB, I now notice that Nishruu/Hakeashar attacks no longer drain item charges. That I can live with, but unfortunately my spell that recharges items no longer works. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know why this is so? Was this function disabled in a patch? How many questions can I ask?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:58 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

More importantly, what spell that recharges items are you talking about? There isn't any in the game.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:59 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

spell that recharges items? well that would be... in BG2? daggerfall, yes. various other games yes. diablo, yes if you dont mind wrecking the items, but BG2? i dont recall such a wonderous spell. you can recharge by selling to shops and then re-buying it (if you have tons of gold), but you cant do it yourself.

AFAIK hakeshar/nishuruu should behave exactly as before (cept nishuruu should no longer be bugged) but im not a massive fan of either of these monstrosities.

and you can ask as many (relevent) questions as you can think of, just try and avoid the banal "how do i kill.." type.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:33 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

OK this is a total guess but did you install a custom file to give you such a spell. Iirc, ToB will disable these things.
Old 01-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

I used IEEP to design a spell to recharge items, then created/imported and .iap file into the override folder. This was done after installing ToB. However, my other custom-designed spells are working perfectly. *gasp* You don't think that I could have made a mistake when recreating my spell, do you? Say it isn't so! (But I'll certainly look at it again.)

how do you kill kobold commandos? (those little buggers are tough!)
what do you think of my party: me, me, me, me, me, and me?

Old 01-05-2002, 03:08 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Kobolds- Area affect spells. The little guys are only strong when theyre all together... lauch a firball or a cloudkill right into the middle of the group, If it doesnt kill all of em, itl not leave any with more than about 3 HP left.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 11:51 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:
Kobolds- Area affect spells. The little guys are only strong when theyre all together... lauch a firball or a cloudkill right into the middle of the group, If it doesnt kill all of em, itl not leave any with more than about 3 HP left.

*Azred pats you on your head* Sarcasm, my boy, sarcasm. [img]tongue.gif[/img]