Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 12:25 PM   #21
Thoran
Galvatron

Interesting analogy Johnny, for me if the book is good I'll reread it on occasion [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I still correspond regularly with my first wife, who I've only actually SEEN twice in the 8 years since I divorced her. It's a friendship of sorts, but on MY terms. She's also expressed repeated interest in getting back together, but as with Moni's situation... if she hadn't blown it she'd still have me.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:39 PM   #22
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Naw, Johnny, I don't read books. I just look at the pictures.

I hate it when that happens, TH. Same thing has happened to me A LOT. You smile, they blank you, you're left looking an idiot. I just wait for them to say 'HI' now.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:49 PM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Naw, Johnny, I don't read books. I just look at the pictures.

I hate it when that happens, TH. Same thing has happened to me A LOT. You smile, they blank you, you're left looking an idiot. I just wait for them to say 'HI' now.
I hear you Horatio, those moments are a pain in the butt, especially when one of your friends is watching the whole damn scene.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:47 AM   #24
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I remember the day i broke up with my ex, i said," Listen, ive been doing a lot of thinking, and its best that we just be friends..." he said "ok" in a heart broken way...ouchies on him
BUT, when we talked on the internet, it irrupted into haneous arguements about whos fault it was and why he didnt tell me all along and why i never did yada yada. Well, after about 3 months of that, we started getting along. We don't ever talk about our relationship anymore, and its perfect like that!
I think the main reason with Thomas was i didn't like his friends(the females), because they hated my guts for some reason *shrugs* so anytime i see him not with his b*tches, i engage conversation. Its nice like this. Unfortunatley the whole inncident has caused me to avoid any type of relationship till im working full time for fed-ex. Whoops on his part [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2002, 03:44 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've never had a problem with this - I've always been able to stay best of friends will all my exes. I do think there's a period of time where you have to not see them for a while though, otherwise it just makes it difficult to get over them and move on. Once you've gotten over them (this can take anywhere from 1 week to 6 months depending on them and you) then I think there's no problem with staying friends. After all, you were friends with that person in the beginning (unless it was purely a physical relationship in which case who cares if you're friends or not afterwards!).

Old 08-31-2002, 05:44 AM   #26
Moni

The problem with the guys I broke it off with who won't talk to me anymore is that most of them wanted to eventually marry me and calling it quits really took a bite out of their ego. Some of them now have wives who won't let them be friends with me because of the way I broke their heart or because they (the wives) are so jealous of my presence. The rest are just PO'd that I wouldn't give them the opportunity to prove themselves or humiliated that they put their heart out on their sleeve and I "knocked it to the floor" so to speak.

I've always tried to make breaking it off easy on both sides (avoiding violence or blame) even when a guy is breaking it off with me and I credit that approach to preserving friendships with ex's. It hasn't always been possible (some people need that fight to make or see the finale) but even some of the uglier break-ups have me and the guy being able to talk today. I think some of the guys who broke it off with me in an ugly manner are flattered that I'd ever talk to them again lol, or maybe they just felt bad afterwards because their fights were stupid and uncalled for. ?