Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2001, 03:51 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I heard that you can get Drizzt's sword by stealing it from him. I tried this but unfortunately it says that Drizzt has no items! I cant kill Drizzt yet and I dont want to cheat it. What am I doing wrong?
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 04:03 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

You can pickpocket only the Frostband scimitar, not the defender or his chainmail, so youŽll have to kill him

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 04:06 PM   #3
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

Well ya see, Drizzt is different. First of his Scimitars, Frostband and Defender, arent really 2 swords at all. Thats just what his graphic shows. The swords his character uses are in fact invisible and 1 sword with a double attack. Yet he does drop Frostband and Defender, or in Dark Side of the Sword Coast he does, i never killed him in the regular versions.

I dont think you take his stuff anyway he has like the highest resistances in the whole damn game, besides Keeper of the Portal, whom guards Candlekeep -- i dueled with him for 45 minutes and I nor him got hit once, I summoned a drizzt to attack him and Keeper of the Portal killed him in 4 hits.

Either way you cant duel wield in BG, ToTSC, or DSoTSC. But he does have some nice swords. I think there is a way to get the duel wielding item, the invisible drizzt sword, but you wont get the graphics like drizzt unless you made them yourself and implemented them in the game.

Ive made myself a Drizzt char with his graphics and everything but everytime you go to his inventory the game would lock up. But thats a hack for ya, look for a Monster/Character Editor program. I cant remember the one i used but it had like a green border, all i remember =\. You can make Wvyrens with infinite fireballs, Seaguls that shoot Ankheg Acid, looks like barf. Anyway good luck!

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well I cant even get the Frostbrand scimitar. I had to reload fifteen times so Drizzt wouldnt notice, and then I got the notice "No eligible item" or something like that
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 04:19 PM   #5
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

If it has no graphics, thats it.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:14 PM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

I too have had no luck whatsoever stealing his swords. Even with 150+ on picking pockets (using master thievery potions accumulated) I get "Target has no items" and I got this message about 10 times in a row before he went hostile so I'm completely ruling out the possibility of stealing them unless there in another tactic to employ (besides killing him). I mean, it's not really very realistic if you can steal a sword from someones hand without them noticing.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 01:30 PM   #7
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hmmm. If you Tales v.5512 patched you should be able to pick his +3 scrimitar. I think some setups (eg, without Tales, without the Tales patch, etc.) allow you to pick everything he's got.

I see that Drizzt has 98% magic resistance and a saving throw of 4 for breath weapons, but I could almost swear I recall having my highest high charisma character put on the cloak of Algernon and successfully charm him once prior to the pickpocket (although looking at his stats now I must be mistaken about that).

There is actually an amazingly easy way to kill him by exploiting a weakness in the game's AI. Let me know if you want the spoiler.
Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:46 PM   #8
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

After you leave Candlekeep, and finish the first Nashkell mines quest, go back to CandleKeep and try and kill, charm, or blow up, Keeper of the Portal. I think hes around level 9 with like 99% to everything except Hand to Hand attacks. I dueled him for about to 45 minutes straight and didnt hit him once with my sword although he hit me once for 3 damage, go figure. Anyway, for the 10 minutes i used Hand to Hand, no sword, i did about 300 damage to him going at about 30 Dmg per hit to him. When i finaly gave up and summoned a Drizzt to aid me, Drizzt hit him once for 7 DMG and then got killed himself, or unsummoned im still not sure...

Anyway try killing this bastard, if you can, tell me how! Being of such a high resist to everything he must have some nice loot under that platemail of his!

-Aragain Leafstalker
Old 08-19-2001, 01:03 AM   #9
Wizard with pointy hat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*Warning* Cheese tactic ahead...
Have you tried luring him to the shore and then assaulting him with arrows? For those of you unfamiliar with this tactic, it's very simple. There is a small island on the lake on that map. Give anyone capable of using a bow as may arrows as possible and post them there. Send a crap NPC (Garrick works well) to lure him and the group of gnolls to the south shore ot the lake(attack the gnolls first so they follow you) Your archers should just be able to see him and can start attacking him w/o him retalling. Drizzt will of course, kill the npc and go hostile, but the gnolls sorrounding him will keep him in place, so there's no chance of the pathfinding screwing up and doing something right by having Drizzt walk around the lake. If you can, charm a few Gnolls and have them attack, any little bit helps since you'll have to rely on crits to even touch him. (he has 96 hp) You'll lose 5 rep points but can gain 10000 xp. I managed to kill him at level 2/1 with my thief-mage. Shot me to level 4.3. Had to charm like 3 gnolls and used about 120 arrows though. After you kill him, just snipe the rest of the gnolls and pick up ur goods.
Wizard with pointy hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 01:21 AM   #10
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, the wizard in the pointy hat is correct. We did this recently in an MP game. We did it at night to ensure remaining stealthed. All but the cleric-thief went to the island. The cleric-thief stealthed and went next to the stand of trees just to the south of Drizzt. The cleric-thief summoned one group of skellies there and then sent the skellies out to fight Drizzt to turn him hostile. With that accomplished, the cleric-thief summoned another group of skellies and stealthed again. He then led the skellies out into the fray and with them lured Drizzt over to the south shore of the lake within bowshot of the group standing on the island. The cleric-thief then slipped off and joined his comrades on the island. Once one of the arrows from the island hits Drizzt he moves as close as he can to the group on the shore but stops there. He just stands there until he becomes a pin cushion and evetually dies.
Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote