Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #31
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Leave the Chipmunk out on the edge of your yard as a fair warning. [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #32
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Leave the Chipmunk out on the edge of your yard as a fair warning. [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]
ROFL! Yeah...that is an option for non-violence. And Legolas! LMAO! Thanks for the drawing that depicts the event! I laughed too hard at that.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:32 AM   #33
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I doubt that Ziroc would allow me to post the picture that proves the kill...sorry. A dart sticking out of the eye of a pesky rodent is usually not well-received by the masses.

BTW, I called my dad to tell him of the kill...and of course my story was one of extreme talent, but he was not buying it and insisted that it was a one-time lucky-as-all-get-out occurance.

What surprises me even now is that I was able to have the force in that shot to pass straight through! I mean...I do not have the lungs of a bear or whatever, so my shot was basically slow-moving. From 32 feet, I had to have lost sufficient momentum. The darts are merely little pointed metal rods with plastic circular things on the end.
I for one am glad Ziroc wouldn't let you post such pics as I wouldn't be able for it. Honestly, I am a little surprised and kinda sickened at this thread. The mirth that surrounds ending the life of any animal in such a detestable way, followed by "Before" pictures of the poor thing...it's disturbing. Your posts have led me to believe you were a religious/spiritual person. I am accepting of hunting as a means for survival and all that but surely making a thread about this particular incident is disrespecting life itself.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:09 AM   #34
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

I'm a believer, but when you're children are at risk anything is fair game! Anything!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #35
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Go for the eyes Boo- erm I mean Larry
Old 07-28-2006, 07:57 AM   #36
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It's a double Hole-in-One!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #37
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am sorry, SpiritWarrior, that you find my post detestable. What I did not write in my previous posts is that these rodents have been living in my yard now for three years and the holes that they are making are getting horrible. I try to fill them up, but the rain washes them out again. I tried using Mothballs down their holes, but the crows seem to have a love for the taste of mothballs because they dug out the ones that they could reach and the chipmunks just made more holes, abandoning their old ones. I don't like the idea of spreading animal urine all over the place where my two children are supposed to be playing so extermination is the answer.

I tried using a rat trap but they do not care for peanut butter I guess. My neighbor has a cat, but the cat just enjoys watching them play...mostly because the cat is not as fast as these missles-on-feet.

Look...my kids are ages 6 and 2. Their feet are small enough to get stuck in one of these holes and imagine what will happen on the day that they do while they're running. And I am supposed to care more for the life of a rodent?

I know that this thread sounds like I am bragging, but when I posted it, it was more to the effect of my surprise...because I am not trained in the use of a blowgun, and the distance I had was impossible for an untrained eye...yet I did it! It was shocking, and when something like that happens to a guy, he wants to brag about it to all his friends.

This is my Big Fish story, in a way. But since I knew that it would be too violent for some, I put the warning in the topic header. If violence was what you are against, then I wish you would have heeded the warning.

[ 07-28-2006, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #38
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I appreciate and do accept the apology but also must respond to some of your points.

First, I feel the safety of your kids doesn't validate the nature of the thread and is a
shielding-statement. I don't get where posting a "Before" picture makes your kids safer. Or calling your father to brag. If you made a thread about how concerned you were about your children and how happy you are now that they are safe I would believe that but most of this thread is about bragging like you said. And then you ask "And I am supposed to care more for the life of a rodent?". Well, I would hope that you would respect all life and make the hard decisions based on what your heart tells you, not what sounds good when talking to the guys.

If I put a dart in a kids eye and posted pics of the kid saying "Before" and called my friends to brag all the while saying "It was for the safety of my dogs, am I supposed to care about some little punk more?" I wouldn't get too much encouragement. To me it is no different. The horror you feel at the thought of someone doing such a thing is the same that I feel about this. Even if I called it my "Big-fish" story and put up a warning about graphical violence somehow I don't think it would justify such a post. As for heeding the actual warning, I am not a faint-hearted person at all and have seen some pretty bad stuff but feel your warning was insufficient as to the theme of the thread itself. While I would really love to think that posts like these have no place on the forums, I ask that if you must create them that you slap something more clarifying on the title even such as "Graphic Violence - animal lovers may be offended".
Old 07-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I will take your advice, and I see your point about my "shielding-statement". You're right...there is a since of pride in what I did because I want to think that the shot was due to my careful hand and thoughtful preparation than mere luck.

I do not think that this thread violated any rules that Ziroc may have written and to make sure, I checked again just now. However, since you and Cloudy have voiced concern over it, I will remove the picture that I posted of the "before" and continue to discuss the nature of this thread with no further bragging on my part.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #40
Link
Jack Burton

Although Legolas' graphic Paint-job (that makes it sound like some sexual crime ) did give me an idea of Larry's garden adventures, I still believe this thread is worthless without pics [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote