Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 10:16 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:
im best with terran, about the same with protoss and zerg
if there isnt a ling rush, mass tanks usually win the day [img]smile.gif[/img]
BURN! BURN THEM ALL!!!!

*cough* *cough*

Anyway, if you see that he is massing Zerglings( and you should, because you got Comsat), start building Firebats and Medics. Stimpack is optional, but handy if you can time it right. They are not really to use in attack, but to defend your tanks. Also, consider trying to build a bunker or two at a location near his entrance( as in, almost within sieging distance). This will create a blockade and so long as you maintain it and prevent him/her from flying out using overlords, you can slowly but surely, wear him/her down. Do not forget to build some Missile Turrets to counter Lurkers as well.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:18 AM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I used to have a perfected Zealot Rush strategy. Usually took out most opponents quickly. But if a Zealot Rush failst you had best HURRY and build up some more things so that you won't get slaughtered by advanced units.

Dark Templar Rush is the best against Terrans. Rarely will a Terran player have detectors up in time to ward it off if you're fast enough.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:22 AM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Zerg player here.
Did somebody call for cracklings?
Old 06-14-2002, 10:26 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Dark Templar Rush is the best against Terrans. Rarely will a Terran player have detectors up in time to ward it off if you're fast enough.
Generally I condemn Terran players who do not get detectors ASAP. I mean... for crying out loud! Is it really that hard to build an Academy then build a Comsat?

Even if they do not want an Academy, building an Engineering Bay then Missile Turret is just as fast.

Both routes cost 200 minerals by the way, but the Comsat needs 50 gas.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:29 AM   #15
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
im best with terran, about the same with protoss and zerg
if there isnt a ling rush, mass tanks usually win the day [img]smile.gif[/img]
BURN! BURN THEM ALL!!!!

*cough* *cough*

Anyway, if you see that he is massing Zerglings( and you should, because you got Comsat), start building Firebats and Medics. Stimpack is optional, but handy if you can time it right. They are not really to use in attack, but to defend your tanks. Also, consider trying to build a bunker or two at a location near his entrance( as in, almost within sieging distance). This will create a blockade and so long as you maintain it and prevent him/her from flying out using overlords, you can slowly but surely, wear him/her down. Do not forget to build some Missile Turrets to counter Lurkers as well.
[/QUOTE]lol, i didnt mean JUST tanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

i start with one barracks to make enough infantry to defend the tanks, and they vary depending on what the bad guys have...medics and stimpacks are a must!

i usually get an expansion up fairly fast too and then ill have 2 comsats to scout the enemy and for detection until i get some science vessels

sometimes i build turrets, but bunkers really only get in the way of the tanks! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:34 AM   #16
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Zerg player here.
Perhaps we should form an alliance and show these fools who the true masters of Starcraft are? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Toast Terrans anyone? [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:37 AM   #17
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Zerg player here.
Perhaps we should form an alliance and show these fools who the true masters of Starcraft are? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Toast Terrans anyone? [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]THATS IT! i challenge you to a match! [img]smile.gif[/img]

....i havent played in months, but im not that rusty.....i think....
Old 06-14-2002, 10:39 AM   #18
Neb

You're on Deathcow! Just let me get my SC and BW reinstalled and the newest patch applied. Then you shall have get your arse kicked [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

Either that or I'll get brutally slaughtered as it's been over 3 months since last I played [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:40 AM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
sometimes i build turrets, but bunkers really only get in the way of the tanks! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The idea of the bunker was to create a blockade. You do not have to be stationed at it permanently though. It is called bunker hopping. You advance a bit, fortify your position, advance a bit, fort- ...
Old 06-14-2002, 10:42 AM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Heh, I have not actively played for around 3-4 months too*. This is like one of those sessions where retired generals tell their war stories of times long past.

*save a couple of LAN sessions where I played with my friends. They are really terrifying Zerg/Protoss players.

[ 06-14-2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]