Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 10:15 AM   #1
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I am really intrested in hearing about where you all are in your current games. Spoil it up if you want

I am currently level 17, Battle mage, and almost level 18. I enchanted my first items last night and am finding the monsters getting alot tougher now. I just came out of a burial cave which inhabited the following;

1. 1 Hunger
2. 2 Flaming atronachs
3. 1 Golden Saint
4. 1 Daedroth
4. 1 Storm atronach
5. 1 Bone Lord

Now, who was saying this game was a little easy after level 12 or so..
The only thing I got out of that place was a glass sheild and ebony longsword. Sheeesh.

I have been accomplishing quests but still only have 2 rep points, bummer.
Enchanting my Daedric Dai-Katana was really hard but it seemed like after I raised my skill up to 51 I can enchant anything now. What a difference! I gave it 10-30 points of poison per round with almost 200 charges storage. I fill up all my available soul gems in that last tomb and had to skip the Golden Saints soul for now.
Well, I will be looking forward to hearing about your games out there for sure. I think this game is going to take 3 more months to get through at my speed, oh I will be enjoying every bit of it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2002, 11:37 AM   #2
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

a word of advice - grand soul gems are to be used exclusively for golden saints or ascended sleepers! only their souls are powerful enough to create constant effect enchantments. btw, once you start creating these, you'll notice that even maxed out enchant, luck and intelligence are nowhere near enough to create the most powerful enchanted items (like equisit rings, amulets and daedric/ebony shields).

anyways, i just finished the game for the first time yesterday, was playing a custom combat oriented character with some use of magic. and i do agree with those that find the game easy after a few levels. ok, there are still things that can kick your behind at levels ~15, but that also depends on your gear. i was about that level when i killed and soultrapped my first golden saint, actually it was two of them (summoned), their souls went into a health regenerating amulet and a fatigue restoring belt; after that i never once died (ok, so the health draining daedric weapons i mostly used also played a big part in this [img]smile.gif[/img] ). i also made two rings that fortified speed by 24 each, another ring of constant levitate for getting over rough terrain, some clothing with constant feather to decrease encumrance and some other trinkets. so yeah, the game becomes very easy once you get the right gear (and money for enchanting [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

I'm a level five Higher Elf witchhunter, and have concentrated on doing mage quests. I have done all the quests in Balmora (I think) and Ijust completed the last or next to last quest in Ald rhun (going to a dwemer ruin southeast of Dagon fel and getting some plans)

I've concentrated on my destruction skills. I use greater fireball, greater iceball and greater lightning ball. I also summon flame atronaches and another monster.. (forgotten the name)... Killing orcs is very difficult within the dwemer ruins. When I become guildmaster of the mages (which will probably be by lvl 8-10) .. I will join the thieves guild and become their guild master. Afterwards I'll do the imperial legion quests, do some exploring (daedric shrines and ancestral vaults, and the like) then I'll have a chat with the guy in Balmora to initiate my blades' status. By then, I should be level 30-40.
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #4
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I just reached Level 17, Dark Elf Warrior. My long blade is 100. My rep is 6. I have joined the following: Thieves Guild, Temple, Imperial Cult, Great House Hlaalu, Fighters Guild, Blades, and Mages Guild.

I haven't used magic that much, been concentrating on fighting and getting my security level and sneak level up so I can handle some of the Thieves Guild quests.

I haven't enchanted any items yet, but certainly plan to do so sometime soon.