Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 06:14 PM   #1
dale5050
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First of all I want to sincerely thank Lady Wvyern for her time by sending me the shroud and the baton to finish the Dragonspire dungeon, however I am still having a problem. I watch the dragon kill the old guy, I say elseramavin to the dragon and I hand him the shroud yet nothing happens. When I say elseramavin to him he just goes on about a sword of twin metals...yada...yada...yada

What am I still doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your response and thanks again Lady Wvyern!
dale5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 06:33 PM   #2
dale5050
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I should also note that I have tried repeating "Elseramavin" several times to no avail after,before and during the time I hand him the shroud. For the love of God...is it possible to complete this dungeon?
dale5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 06:54 PM   #3
Feanor
Dungeon Master

I'm not sure what's going on with your situation but this is how I did it.
Spoke the word to him and then waited until he was done flapping his gums (do dragons have gums?). Waiting for people(or dragons) to finish talking is pretty important in this game.
Then I gave him the shroud.
I don't remember what exactly happens next, but he should start talking again, and eventually a door in the same room should be opened. I think that's all I had to do.
But, if you hand him the shroud and it triggers him to say something but you don't see any doors open, then try using some other keywords, like Mavin etc.
If you're in a bind in W&W, use as many keywords as you can on people.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Feanor ]

Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 07:13 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Dale!!

Glad to help out!

Okay - are you typing in the word "Elseramavin" or clicking on it from the keywords window? As I recall - you can't type this one in and have it work. Once it does work - a door opens!

Erathsmedor doesn't "give" you the Mavin sword - you find that in a room off his cave (please wait for the narrator to complete his little speech before grabbing the sword).

Hope that will solve your problem - maybe I'll pop your save game on my machine again and run through it myself if you continue to have difficulties.

Also - SPOILER - when you exit the Spire from the room where the Mavin was found - don't go jumping off the ledge! FOLLOW THE PATH!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 07:42 PM   #5
Tholarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Better yet, create a portal as soon as you go outside. You can then teleport back and jump off to either side, it's convenient to a lot of the earlier dungeons.

-FF
Tholarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 10:20 PM   #6
Mithrus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heh, I just figure that out today regarding making a portal just outside the cave. It's a nice half-way point when you need to finish up a few quests, but don't want to go thru the spire again when heading for Brimloch Roon.
Mithrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:48 AM   #7
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi!
I hope that you've got the sword by now and are on your way to Brimloch Roon.

Erathsmeador is quite near-sighted and hard on hearing. So sometimes you'll have to stand really close to him to get a response.

//Jazzid
Old 11-14-2001, 05:53 PM   #8
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

i killed erathsometer very easily all i needed to do was have my 2 main charc. to attack and 3 other to cast heal/rebirth spells (damn ratling assassin kept dieing.) it took 4ever but i finally killed him..
Old 11-14-2001, 09:19 PM   #9
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had this same exact problem just yesterday. After looking back at FAQ's and running myself crazy because I knew I couldn't screw up something that simple...I learned something. When I got the error, I had said Elseramavin to Erathsmador first, then given him the shroud. The Walkthrough I was looking at said to do so. But I noticed that he asks for the secret word AFTER you give him the shroud. It's my theory, then, that if you don't give him the shroud first, but say Elseramavin, he is prompted to describe the mavin sword (probably a bug that was fixed in the unofficial patch) because he's not looking for you to say Elseramavin to open the door yet. And that gets saved as his response for any future times that you might ask him about Elseramavin. It didn't matter what I tried, he gave the same response. So what I did is reload my game, and started by giving him the shroud FIRST, then giving him the word *when he asked for it*. It worked! He opened the door for me [img]smile.gif[/img] It doesn't matter if you type it or click it from the list, the game goes through the same process of responding to your conversations. The keywords just make it quicker to do dialogue.
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote