Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2003, 11:06 AM   #1
Feral
Elminster

I am creating a new character and have two quick questions:

1. What is a _reasonable_ minimum wisdom (and charisma, for that matter) score for a fighter later dualled to a mage? I'm not going for the absolute minimum(s) permitted by the game, and I'm also trying not to eliminate too many dialogue options later on.

2. Does the experience cap apply to the total scores from the first class and the dualled-to class? In other words, if I dual the figher at lev 13, will the mage be able to reach only lev 14 (with no ToB or cap remover)?

Thanks a lot.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

1: Usually having 9 or 10 in a stat leaves you penalty-free, but doesn't give you any bonuses either. There are potions and items that can boost each stat at least temporarily. For a fighter/mage, I'd suggest skimping a bit on the WIS and CHA to make sure the other four stats are workable (18 INT, then aim for at least 16-17 STR, DEX, and CON). Don't worry; there will be items that can raise your WIS and CHA as needed. (Unless you're roleplaying, then do your stats to suit your character.)

2: SoA's experience cap is set at three million (3,000,000). For multi- and dual-classed characters, the cap still counts for both classes. I dual-classed my F/M around 12 or so to take advantage of the +1/2 attacks per round and proficiency star, and could memorize high-level mage spells, but late in the game with a full party of six people. You might also want to check the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the SoA forum for more dual-classing information.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:01 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

you need at least 15 strenghth and 17 INT to create a dual fighter/mage
but obviously both (especially INT) in the 18 would be wise. Char is completly unimportant gameplaying wise because you can still have another character lead the way or use char enhancing items or spells. Wisdom is also not THAT important for a mage but to have at least around 10 would be nice because a wizard with NO wisdom at all is kinda uncool.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #4
Feral
Elminster

Thanks. I'd also like to get decent dex because of the AC bonus. I'm off to roll.