Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 07:50 PM   #1
swavek
The Magister

Does time stop still pass while you're in town? I just wondered, because i hate going out while it's dark and i wondered if i hang around town until it got light out again. i just recently made my way to ishad'na so i don't like going out at night because i've gotten lost in the area before while travelling at night.

-swavek
swavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 09:42 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nope; time stands still in town. Recommended: A) pick a dungeon you've already been in (Crypt, Serpent Temple) and wander around in there instead, getting more XP and whiling away the time, or B) wander around in the wildnerness in a familiar area (around Valeia, for example).

GOOD IDEA not to wander west of Ishad N'ha at night! Not yet, at least.

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 05:42 AM   #3
ganesh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no time just stays still when your not having fun

hey Sazerac you can wander around as much as you want i even killed the mantraps and somthing called the SWAMP EVIL at night

its quite the same if your wizard has illuminate

cheerio
Old 11-14-2001, 12:09 PM   #4
Sark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For night-time travelling I use my Whiska (with his Night Vision trait) and cast Spirit Eye then wander around quite happily. Having a Gourkha in your party - and having Scout skill too - adds to the safety. Of course if you don't like walking around areas at night you could drop the Spawn Frequency to Seldom, but imo you should definately take out those 4 "Little Shop of Horrors" cuddlies before wandering around to Shuregon Castle....

For me, when I head out of town into the Shire area I always have Spirit Eye on and I either stick to the right hand or left hand trees and map by advancing some then swinging in a half/full circle to fill things in. You do run into a pack of ratlings when you get to a certain point when hugging the treeline to the left but you won't be far enough out for the mantraps to see you so you can just blast the rats to pieces - I find lightning works for me.... "Die and die... urrggghhh" O [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, when following the treeline along the left, when you find the chest the trees behind which the mantraps lie are almost north... sort-of nnw.. walk down there with meteorstorm or another nice area spell ready, be in full daylight, wait till you see one and just unleash the spell and back away a bit and wait for the xp to roll in, then repeat until you've killed all 4. (I've yet to get further in the game but I'm looking forward to more squished steamy cabbage plant [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 05:50 PM   #5
Feanor
Dungeon Master

"I've yet to get further in the game but I'm looking forward to more squished steamy cabbage plant"
----------------

HA! You certainly won't be disappointed ; )