Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 04:35 AM   #1
Lord Arlion Majere
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello!

do others have problem whit hitting the monsters..? dont to actualy hit them but to aim at them.....got some problem whit that....pritty anoying actutal... is it something i can do?

eks. lets say i shall lock pick an tresur chest....i have to try a long time just to get the "page" up, where i can choose to lock pick it or bass it open....(hard for me to eksplaing it...hehe ...)

hope any can help me!
Old 11-12-2001, 08:59 AM   #2
aestra
Dungeon Master

Yes, I find hitting certain monsters really difficult and annoying too. The chief culprits are the flying bats, but piranha and snake type things are really annoying as well.

Not very sure about your second part unfortunately. What do you mean it takes a long time? You have to walk close to the treasure chest and then click on it. The page should spring up in a fraction of a second. Try walking closer until you see the light blue targeting crosshairs. If that doesn't solve the problem then post more details and we'll try and help.
aestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #3
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi!
Aestra came with some good advice. When targeting monsters with melee weapons you'll have to be really close, otherwise you'll get an "out of range" message.

When opening chest you'll have to be right next to it. If moving closer doesn't help you might want to take a peak at Saz's help desk here on the board. I remember someone posting a similar problem (which might be due to what OS you're running the game under)

Good Luck // Jazzid
Old 11-14-2001, 08:40 AM   #4
Lord Arlion Majere
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe.....you didnt understand me.....

i am close to them! realy close.....but i dont get the "aim" up.....jj.....sure it is something to do whit my download version....

anyway, thanks for the reply!
Old 11-14-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
Jazzid
Manshoon

OK! I can't really tell what the problem is. It might be DirectX problems, problems with the graphics driver (you do have the latest drivers )

Also, it might help if you select software renderer under graphics options. But then the graphics will look quite mediocre.

Btw did you check out Sazerac's help desk? Cross-post your question there and you might get some help from the tech-guys on the board [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers // Jazzid
Old 11-15-2001, 06:44 AM   #6
Lord Arlion Majere
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, it helped alot when i changed to software....but the grafics isnt good then! jj....but i think i will prefer to play it whit bader grafic, rhater than the bug.....

i shall try to get a new driver to it!

Thanks for the help!

*Never explain,never defend*