Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 08:17 AM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I find myself seemingly running around in circles. There seem to be quite a few quests. Is there a certain order you need to be following? Is it good to jump from place to place? I was at the sewers, finished that and then went up to the slaver's stockade and couldn't get past all the enemies there, so decided to skip that and go where Nalia wants me to go because I promised to help her. Then all of a sudden Aerie wants me to go back to the circus tent to help her with something.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 03-06-2001, 08:24 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That is what most of us were complaining about. Some quests have time limits on them and some do not. I actually did not follow any set pattern, and went about taking care of everything I could handle in Amn, then leaving the city borders to take on Nalia's quest. Then I went to the halfling town, and then to the Red Dragon stage in the ruins...then I went to the grove...But I don't think it mattered where I went first...Although since I was a Ranger, and had my little town to protect, whenever someone came running up to me begging help, I went immediatley...I did not want to risk losing my reputation there. Then I would continue on with whatever. I hope this helps!!

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 09:07 AM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I tried to do all the outside of the city quests at once, then I went and did quest as quickly as possible in the city. Some people like to get all the little quests from ch 2&3 out of the way before doing the main line quests. Gets your party pretty high levels before you go down the main line quests. Some people from a role playing perspective, would get the main line done, then come back for all the side quests. I just did them as they came up and tried to not talk to anyone. Just do the ones you want to first, and try to prioritize. Do quests that are close together. AND HAVE FUN!

BK
Old 03-06-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I would try and do quests in the order they were received and complete them fully before starting another quest. It was the only way I could keep stuff straight. I would take on about 4-5 quests, but concentrate on one at a time. I don't think there is any specific order, but I would suggest doing most of them before doing the main plot line for (like it was stated) the XP!

------------------
Old 03-06-2001, 12:28 PM   #5
Charean
Hathor

You can do them in any order you see fit, or wait till act 6. I have gone through a few times and I always have paper and pen handy to keep notes... yes, it looks like I am doing homework, but it helps me keep track of where I am. I tend to do one quest at a time, and when I get a new one in the middle of something else, I write it down and get to it when I am done. It is a matter of what works for you...

Enjoy!

By the way, it will seem like there are not enough quests the closer to the end you get!

------------------
I drank what?
Old 03-06-2001, 12:43 PM   #6
JJ/newbie

every time you talk to someone who wants you to do something, you always have the option (i have found so far) to tell them that you will help, but not immediately. your journal and map are always updated at that time, so just refer to your jounal- when it says it has been updated, just go to it and put in your own notes- i found it works best to keep track of the story line, and i did not find anything that was time dependent so far- anyone else find that a request for help just went away after agreeing to do it?

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-06-2001, 02:03 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

There is no specific order to most of the sub-quests. However, obviously the main story will be event specific, also if you promised a NPC that you will do his/her specific quest, if will be a good idea to do that first. The reason is that most of the NPC quest offer a good deal of items and experience that can help leveling your party, in addition, you can always dump the NPC if you don't like him/her after you have done the quest and free up some party room.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 02:37 PM   #8
Dog of War
The Magister

Well your first problem is running... I always try to walk...walking around in cirlces keeps you less dizzy. Second... I recommend doing a few quests before the main story line kicks in. The equipment and exp yo uget is very valuable. Secondly, I usualy left one spot open to do the character quests so that they may come with me, give a few more hints and usually have a bit of extra skill for that particular area. Then after the main story line I stick with one gun (Valgyr for me) to beef up and romp around. But then it is just my take on things.
Old 03-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #9
Stealthy

In a few cases NPC's will leave the party if you take to long to complete their quest, Nalia for example. However, she will wait for you by the keep, so all is not lost. If they start to get very impatiant, its time to resume there quest. Aeries Circus is relatively easy, then Nalias Keep, then the Umar Hills & Trademeet to start you off. There are several short ones, such as Korgans as well, which can be slotted in whenever. The only urgent one is part of Jaheiras:
Spoiler
When she is poisoned, it is important you heal her quickly, as she gets progressively weaker and weaker.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-06-2001, 05:03 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I agree with Moradin. You must do one quest at a time and not start another until it is done. Depending on the strength of your group, there are some quests that are better saved until later when your group is stronger. I wouldn't recomend going into the sewers and starting the temple quest unless your group is pretty strong.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.