Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2000, 06:08 PM   #1
yofoodog

1. i have explored every inch on the map excluding: baldurs gate, cloakwood forest, and durlags temple, anyways my question is how do i get the cloakwood forest to appear on my map? Do i have to talk to someone, because when i travel in that area it doesn't even show up on the map.

2. if there is someone to talk to where are they?

3.Also where is tazok?

If answered THANK YOU!
Old 08-02-2000, 08:07 AM   #2
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

I advise you to actually READ some of the scrolls you'll come across. If you had done this, you would have known that you should find the bandit camp. In order to find this camp you should go to the Feldepost's Inn at Beregost. On the second floor you'll meet Tranzig. Talk to him and kill him. The bandit camp should now apear on your map. If you infiltrate the bandit camp, you'll meet Tazok, but if you just walk in, you won't meet him until the final battle.

To get into Cloakwood you'll have to waste everybody in the large tent (there are four enemies there), and check out the trapped chest in the back. A certain Ender Sai stands next to it. Open it and read the scrolls. The first part of Cloakwood will apear on your world map now, and you can enter it by travelling west from the Friendly Arm Inn.

If you finished Cloakwood (that means all four wood-area's and the mines - by killing Daveaorn at the bottom of the mines), you'll be able to enter Baldur's Gate. There's no way you can enter it before you do all this.

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 08-03-2000, 09:10 AM   #3
Azreall

Hey yofoodork, no offense. But I dont think youre exactly the right person for a masterpiece RPG like BG. You MUST do a lot of reading, and I admit its boring, but its just really necesary. The same thing about converstaions. And I strongly recomend to explore every sector on the map, because there a lot of hiden quests and caves. Its a boring job, but you need the experience and items. in the final fight or you wont be able to defeat Sarevok.

Also, maybe you can try reading a walktrough before asking a question on this site. You cant Imagine how many questions are on this site like "Uh, I sold my wardsones and the innkeeper wont sell them back. What must I do ???". And you shouldnt ask the same question for like 7 times

Well, I hope youre not mad at me now. Good luck on your quests
Old 08-03-2000, 04:46 PM   #4
Adhrael

Petrarcus, just a strange note:

I infiltrated the bandit camp, and when Tazok appeared I killed him... but he gave me only 400 xp, maybe cause he had started to left and his circle was already blue. AND when I reached the final battle... HE WAS HERE AGAIN !!! Maybe Sarevok can revive dead too...
Old 08-04-2000, 10:13 AM   #5
Moggl

Adhrael: It's a half-bug in the game. You're not meant to succeed in killing Tazok when you join the bandits, even though it can be done. (You're right about the XP: Tazok the Blue only gets you a tenth)
Old 08-05-2000, 07:13 PM   #6
Adhrael

Moggl: EVERY person in blue gives you only the tenth ? I found this in many people, but I don´t know if this is a geneeral rule.
And could you tell me what happens with Sashenstar´s brother if you have not killed Aldeth in Cloakwood ?? Just curiosity, cause I´ve always killed him. And I´ve been told that Aldeth opens the Merchant´s league in BG. What´s in there ??

And there´s anything I can do (sell) with a fenced weapon ??

THANKS (I know I could find the answers myself, but I´m an evil necromancer at the moment and I HAVE to be bad. I like to roleplay my characters, which is getting hard in BG with all these Flaming Fist Wizard: Protected from normal missiles )

THANKS AGAIN
Old 08-06-2000, 12:21 AM   #7
Azreall

Moggl, I did exactly the same thing with Tazok when he started leaving. I quickly shot him so he would become hostile, and I killed him. I got some cool bracers of weapon expertise from him. Pretty nice. And no other bandits went hostile. I do this with a lot of leaving characters, but only with the evil (or good, depends on my alignment).

Adhreall, I think you can sell fenced goods on the carnival. Its cool to sell a rogue gem, steal it and than sell it again on the carnival.

greets
Old 08-07-2000, 02:11 PM   #8
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

About Aldeth and his bro: if you decide to help Aldeth, then you won't meet his brother in BG, which means you can't get the Crossbow of Accuracy, which would be too bad. But if you kill him in BG, then his brother will apear too, so I'd say: help Aldeth in the Cloakwood, then help him with his Merchant League quest (Dopplegangers btw), and then kill Aldeth to meet his bro and kick his ass too!

Petrarcus ap Bhaal - the not always so Lawful Good Paladin
Old 08-07-2000, 04:33 PM   #9
Adhrael

Thanks, Petrarcus, next time I´ll do as you say. What I do is to help him killing the druids, talk to him to get the xp and before he leaves kill him. That way his death doesn´t give me a lot of xp but I get the sword and I meet his bro.

And another question: how do you usually do Tenya´s quest ? I usually help the fishermen cause I get more xp (and Tenya is evil). And I don´t mind killing her cause in the kid´s body quest I usually kill Jalantha Mistymir (she´s evil and gives 6000 xp) and don´t need Tenya to get it.

Greetins
Old 08-10-2000, 10:20 AM   #10
Moggl

Erm... don't kill Aldeth right after the druid encounter, wait until you've completed his quest in the city before you do the man in.

About the boy: you can also pick-pocket him from Jalantha, if you've a mind and a strong bard.