Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2003, 07:59 PM   #51
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm... I think the idea of artifacts being able to be invoked for traits is a good idea ...

Perhaps just using the 4 starting classes for the whole game might yield interesting results... I don't think that any traits could be based on race however...

Oh, and bsftcs, maybe paladins could be the ones who gain the soul thingy trait?

Perhaps praying at the altars spread about the lands could be used?

Maybe our friend, the ever-reappearing Rumphy holds the key to a trait? If we could find a way to release him from his curse... Or give him a tomb... Has anyone ever left him without fighting him? I tried to give him a rat skull once... He didn't take it though...

Maybe some traits could be available only to pureclassed characters? Eg, only those who had one role transition (eg warrior -> ranger).

If my rangers find anything, I'll be sure to let you know [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #52
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Perhaps some artefacts are only invokable by certain characters of certain roles and races. And what about the vampires. Is it really so that a role with such limited potential (and even incurable) only gives so few advantages? And might there be a trait only available for boogres?
Old 10-18-2003, 09:09 AM   #53
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Question Mark

I don't know what it is, but I keep thinking that I got Firebrand in Cet's temple... Hmm... Might go investigating...

Maybe the 4 tomes that one needs to become a zenmaster could be used in some other way?

Maybe we may finally find a use for the rat skulls? (Sould Bind, perhaps? )

Many things to ponder...

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #54
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like what you are trying to do bsftcs, The stradegy for this is great, but I mean there is a simplier way to get all of those traits. I just used the character editor to get them all. If you want them, I could find another link to get one for you. I found it much simplier to get. I mean maybe there is no way to get those traits than without one. I mean in some games they create things for those who like to "cheat." I mean gameshark for some of the systems is the only way to get certain things. We don't know what the mindset of those who created the traits is, but if you ever do find a way to get those traits without a character editor please let me know. But I do know that my character has all of those traits, and I do believe I got firebrand and soul bane without the character editor. I think I got soul bane or something in the lich's castle, The second place you can be turned into a vampire. I was already one then I completed the quest. I think that is how I got that trait.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:44 PM   #55
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Thank you for your participation, Loumistro. So you say that the traits and the actual effects of the traits have been programmed into the game. That is at least a start. The only problem is then finding out whether or not they have been linked to any occurence in the game and thus are achievable. I believe the possibility should be there. After all it was a chance occurence that somebody left the naga alive in the first place and was then able to get the snakeskin trait. So perhaps we are just waiting for our lucky break.

Yes, I would really like to know how you "cheat" the traits onto the characters, Loumistro. [img]smile.gif[/img] Although I will of course still be hunting for ways to gain the traits in a "legitimate" way. After all the hunt is the inspiring part. Although I think you could very well be right in your assumption that some traits are only there for the hacking. But then again you say that you might have got some of the traits in the "legitimate" way.

I have been thinking more about finding the traits in the text in the "fabric" of the game. What prompted this thought was reading this topic by Xignal. And the idea that I got was that perhaps the texts that appear (or were meant to appear) in the message box could tell us something about where the traits were to be gained from. Just the slightest bit could in that respect prove helpful. For example if we were to find a text bit that would say "Firebrand trait acquired" we would know that this trait was not meant to be purchased in a guild, since those kinds of messages do not appear when traits are bought in a town.

Any thoughts?

[ 10-22-2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 10-23-2003, 05:50 PM   #56
Morguemaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found a cheat program for W&W a while ago, and in it you could add the traits you wished. You could modify your characters a fair bit, but my memory is not too great, after finishing a nightshift.

I dont know where i found it, or where it is now, as i have had so many problems with my "upgraded" computer, that i am in the middle of building a games only puter so that i can play W&W yet again.

Well, one more week till i get a hardrive and a cd rom.

Impatiently yours.

The morguemaus
Morguemaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 02:07 AM   #57
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I just took a look... there are close to 6,000 sound bites in the W&W speech library. It's going to take a while to give 'em all a listen...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:12 AM   #58
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Why don't we assign a certain number of files to each person who posts here...? It won't take us as long as it would for one person to do them all...

Any takers? Sign me up!

Moiraine Sedai

***Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I just remembered someting I found the other day! I was messing around with the sound files (because I was bored) and I heard a couple that were done in the Spirit of Nivius voice and it said something about breaking your oath and paying the price or some such! Interesting, no?
Old 10-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #59
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by moiraine sedai:

***Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I just remembered someting I found the other day! I was messing around with the sound files (because I was bored) and I heard a couple that were done in the Spirit of Nivius voice and it said something about breaking your oath and paying the price or some such! Interesting, no?
I can't be sure, but from what I've heard breaking the oath was part of the game that the developers never finished. I think, I'm not sure, but it has to do with something about using the Mavin only for good and the like...But I would gladly take up browsing through a few of those sound files for something interesting...
Old 10-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #60
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There is one advantageous thing... they're grouped in directories by character, so it amounts to some 200 characters (I think). The first part of the directory name appears to be a character ID number, so if anyone wants to start picking characters and listening through their voices... just let everyone else know what character number you're doing.

Disadvantage, though, is that some of the promotions are not voice-based, but text-based -- for example, Jathil doesn't *tell* you about the Gezurite whatchamajigger trait, but the text does. Still, it may rule some things out (or provide some other interesting insights.

Are we a little bit OCD around here? Naw, it's those *other* people...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote