Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
Lack-O-Matic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hilfe bitte! I've made it to the room where you're supposed to unlock all the little slates on the ground to get to Poquelin, but I seem to fall short of badges! One badge short, actually! And after reading the walkthrough I found that it was to obtained from the central priest. He says he's very sorry, but refuses to give me the damn badge! What do I need to do to get it? Kill him? I admit I would love to, but it just doesn't seem very heroic now does it? Perhaps someone out there has got a item creating cheat for me?
Old 01-27-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

unfortunately i have no cheats to offer you , but from what i do remember is that the head priest should give it to you , maybe you are missing something that is not triggering the response you desire
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 12:26 PM   #3
Lack-O-Matic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Christopneuma:
unfortunately i have no cheats to offer you , but from what i do remember is that the head priest should give it to you , maybe you are missing something that is not triggering the response you desire
I thought so too, so I searched the entire Lower Dorns Deep again, talking to everybody, but still to no avail! I think he might have already given it to me, but back then my main didn't have any spare room in his inventory so perhaps it was dropped on the ground, where I forgot all about it! Do items just vanish when you leave the area?

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Lack-O-Matic ]

Old 01-27-2002, 12:54 PM   #4
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a scenario where i also missed a badge , it turned out to be Jorril`s , the area where you fight the frost giants , i returned to the area where the frost giants were , and lo and behold the badge was there lying on the floor , so responding to your question wether or not items disappear my best answer to that is , i don`t think so , maybe what you should do is go back to a saved game prior to speaking to the head priest and make space in your inventory , so when speaking to him you will automatically have the item saved in your inventory

hope this helps
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
RoadWarrior
Welcomed New User

Had a similar problem when I couldn't find the Maiden Ilmadia's and therefore couldn't fight her and get her badge.

In the end I used the following cheat..
** Requires IWD v1.05 or higher**

Edit ICEWIND.INI

Insert the following line under the Game Options heading
Cheats=1

Then in the game press CRTL+TAB to bring up the console and type the following

CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CREATEITEM("PERDIEM");

After which you should have the badge in your possesion.

Hope this works for you.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:16 PM   #6
Lack-O-Matic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I altered the ini file, but it didn't seem to work, so I figured that I must have some old version installed. Therefore, I went to Interplays IWD download page, but every time I tried to download the patch, it said "Page could be found"! Do you guys knov another place where I might be able to download the patch? THx for your help so far! Keep laggin' -[Lack-O-Matic]-
Old 01-29-2002, 06:42 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

are you looking for the latest IWD patch or the HOW patch? and which version? US or UK?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:45 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Try the page again ... its down intermittently from time to time. I just tried and its back up.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-30-2002, 12:40 PM   #9
Lack-O-Matic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmmm..... It works know? Well, not for me, it don't! Perhaps it's my computer that doesn't like the page. (it happens somtimes) Ya know anywhere else I might be able to get it?
Old 01-30-2002, 12:52 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer

Do you just need the IWD patch? and do ou need the Uk or US version or something else? If its just the US version for IWD,
try this site:

http://www.gamebanshee.com

but be careful, using a US version patch on a foreign language version is a BAD thing.