Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Okay, so far in the party I'm playing now, two of my guys have gone in for a free Aura Cleansing (with the purchase of any Clairol product of $6.00 or more). My Paladin got hers washed and waxed after giving Mirianne her letter from Roe, and my Dwarven Fighter had his aura polished when he agreed to help Melicamp. Does anyone out there have the foggiest notion what an Aura Cleansing is for or what it does?
Old 11-14-2001, 02:53 AM   #2
dex_man
Dungeon Master

Umm im not to sure what it does to you but isnt there sum guy in Baulders Gate city which does as well at a pub i think its the helm and sumthing, its by the harbour anyway and i think sumthing strange happened to my guy im positive he turned from a nuetral good to a lawful nuetral i dont know if thats supposed to happen, but if im right sumone let me know or tell me if its a bug
dex_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 05:12 PM   #3
Lothar

Hmm how intrigueing? Ill have to check this out.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:23 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

One of the times this happens is when you steal a telescope from the Hall of Wonders. The guards attack you if they spot you, but after you deliver the thing your aura is cleansed. If you go back, the guards no longer turn red.
I assume aura cleansing will change neutral npcs turned evil back to normal. Or at least stop someone from looking for you in order to kill you for what you'bve done.

I also think the cleansing affects the entire party, not just one character. The reason you see a name is because that character initiated the dialogue which triggered the cleansing.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:18 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

This is getting weirder and weirder....the two instances I mentioned (delivering Roe's letter and helping Melicamp) are proper, Paladin-appropriate things, so the Aura Cleansing makes some sense. But the telescope quest is plain stealing, and you got the same result? Odd. I just got to BG city yesterday, I'll do the telescope quest and see what happens. (My party is in fact led by a Paladin, and the whole party is Good. Do you remember what your party was like, Legolas? That might affect it.) Maybe Ertai knows something about it....

About guards and hostility: I typically find that on the rare occasions that I get caught stealing, the Flaming Fist guards are Unsummoned after a certain time. Hostility is a bit different, though....you can Charm them to be friendly again, of course, but when it wears off they're back to being hostile.
The annoying thing is that townsfolk (rarely, but it does happen) turn hostile for no reason. The bartender at the Helm and Cloak still runs away from me (and I have to watch my guys to make sure no one attacks him), simply because I got in a fight in his inn. Heck, it was the ENEMY guys who attacked the Waiter, not ME!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 09:56 PM   #6
Lothar

Ya that does suck. It happened to me once and I just stopped going in there or I turned off my party AI while I was in there.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:01 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

I think it was the party of Malus the neutral mage who did that... Redistributing goods was his excuse [img]smile.gif[/img]
And the guards didn't actually turn hostile, it was more that they would do so if they saw you walking around (so I used invisibility/stealth)...

As for the NPCs turning red, I think the barman in the H&C is the classic example (turned red each time I played [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 06:38 PM   #8
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

my character got aura cleansed when he agreed to do the Beregost quest killing spiders in some old woman's cellar.