Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #1
Faceman
Hathor

"A foul base of corruption if ever there was one"

*DISCLAIMER*
this post does not intend encouraging people to cheese but only to gather information about "milk you chew".

As there have been many posts about cheesy tactics and exploits recently I thought: Why not gather all of them in one thread?
So here is BG:Switzerland the Cheese thread.
Feel free to post any cheese or exploit you know - unjudged and without excuses ("I never use cheese I just stumbled upon that").
Old 06-20-2003, 09:05 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

I start with my favourite ones.

Staff of the Magi cheese: As the StotM equips you with permanent invisibility you can use it to stay permanently invisible even during melee. Just unequip/equip (or change weapon and back) after each hit and you can't be touched by your enemies even if they have true sight (just unequip/equip after dispelled). This works especially fine with a fighter mage (better THAC0) or a thief/mage (backstab).

Unlimited Money cheese: Visit a merchant who accepts stolen goods (Shadow thieves guild, MaeVar's guild, Roger the Fence, ...)
Now sell him some expensive item and steal it back. Sell it again and steal it again. Continue as long as you want. You might want to quicksave every now and then just in case you get caught.

Wand recharging cheese: Sell a wand with little charges (down to 1) and steal it back. Tadaa 50 charges! You could also buy it back but that would actually cost a justified amount of gold.

And last but not least the infamous [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

Wand of Cloudkill cheese: In unpatched versions WoC ignores magic resistance thus killing everything slowly but effectively. Just use it several times on your enemy (Firkraag e.g.) and move out of sight. Now wait until he's dead.

[ 06-20-2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 06-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
"A foul base of corruption if ever there was one"

*DISCLAIMER*
this post does not intend encouraging people to cheese but only to gather information about "milk you chew".

As there have been many posts about cheesy tactics and exploits recently I thought: Why not gather all of them in one thread?
So here is BG:Switzerland the Cheese thread.
Feel free to post any cheese or exploit you know - unjudged and without excuses ("I never use cheese I just stumbled upon that").
I did this once

Chech this for ULTIMATE CHEESE...

HEAVY SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED!

[ 06-20-2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:53 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Check Userunfriendly's Cheese Guide.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Check Userunfriendly's Cheese Guide.
I already posted this Vedran...
[/QUOTE]Edit:you linked an updated version...thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
untouchable
Manshoon

Oft forgotten cheese is that Turning Undead doens't break invisibility. High level clerics can use items to go invisible and then walk around watching all the undead blow up, or become friends. Can be very fun in chapter six...
Old 06-20-2003, 04:30 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by untouchable:
Oft forgotten cheese is that Turning Undead doens't break invisibility. High level clerics can use items to go invisible and then walk around watching all the undead blow up, or become friends. Can be very fun in chapter six...
Hmm. I did not know that. Thanks...
Old 06-20-2003, 10:21 PM   #8
new to BG II
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
I start with my favourite ones.

Unlimited Money cheese: Visit a merchant who accepts stolen goods (Shadow thieves guild, MaeVar's guild, Roger the Fence, ...)
Now sell him some expensive item and steal it back. Sell it again and steal it again. Continue as long as you want. You might want to quicksave every now and then just in case you get caught.

I tried this at the shadow theives guild...It didnt work!
new to BG II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 05:52 AM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

Light Bulb

did they catch you or what?
If so you need to increase your lockoicking stats by leveling up or simply drinking potions of master thievery. Also save often!

Or was it somehow bugged? Did she not accept stolen goods? Was there no "Steal" button? Tell me!
Old 06-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #10
new to BG II
The Magister

okay, i sold her Battle axe fostreaver +3 and then with yoshimo i tried to steal it back and she catches me and proceeds to attack me etc.
????
new to BG II is offline   Reply With Quote