Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 05:24 PM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Wonder Woman became the thunder god?????????? WOW

Wonder woman is pretty cool i have to admit. I have no idea what ultimate, alias, and origin are though...Yeah the prices drove me out...

Those old books you got, Action #39 n Superman #16... [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] !
Hehe ive been collecting older myself too...hehehe hitting all the 25 cent bins looking for old Conans and elfquests LOL...although i doubt you found those two in a 25 cent box!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yep, you are correct in that assumption. LOL They are 10 cent comic books and I bought them from e-Bay. I paid 150 for the Action #39 and around 300 for the Superman #16. Both were good prices. So far the best deal I got was an Action #252 (this is a silver age). It is in VF/NM and I paid 400 for that. It's almost worth twice that though.
Old 12-02-2001, 05:30 PM   #12
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

Yep, you are correct in that assumption. LOL They are 10 cent comic books and I bought them from e-Bay. I paid 150 for the Action #39 and around 300 for the Superman #16. Both were good prices. So far the best deal I got was an Action #252 (this is a silver age). It is in VF/NM and I paid 400 for that. It's almost worth twice that though.

I'm sorry, I didn't reply to your question about Alias, Ultimates, and Origin did I? Origin is the easiest to answer. This is a mini-series devoted to answering Wolverine's beginning. His Origin. As for the Ultimate comic books, they are basically the next generation of story telling. Brian Michael Bendis does most of them and what he did was re-start their storylines. A somewhat new and improved beginning and slightly different story arcs. As for Alias, it's a story about a detective that used to be a super-heroine. This is the 1st MATURE title put out by Marvel comics. Actually, ALL of those comics I mentioned are MARVEL. Ah well. I have been really disappointed with DC lately. All of them are pretty good reads. I also bought another comic by CrossGen called RUSE. It looks to be very promising. Price isn't much of an issue for me right now. I didn't get wealthy, but did inherit a house so I don't have to come up with rent anymore. That saves me like $600 a month. I'll see how things look for getting anymore though. Most of the stories are the same as before.
Old 12-02-2001, 05:53 PM   #13
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Those sound pretty cool. Always thought half the jazz about logan was his 'secret' past...i guess he established and revealing it is about time...i hope he stays canadian.

The only thing i am reading right now is north american reprints of a european book called the MetaBarons...it is AWESOME!

also another reprinted books by dark horse called Lone Wolf and Cub...it is the best, my fave!
Old 12-02-2001, 06:07 PM   #14
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Those sound pretty cool. Always thought half the jazz about logan was his 'secret' past...i guess he established and revealing it is about time...i hope he stays canadian.

The only thing i am reading right now is north american reprints of a european book called the MetaBarons...it is AWESOME!

also another reprinted books by dark horse called Lone Wolf and Cub...it is the best, my fave!

I haven't seen Lone Wolf and Cub before. Will have to ask about it when I go to the store. Never seen MetaBarons before either. Thanks for the info. Will check into them as time permits.