Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 01:00 PM   #1
Thoran
Galvatron

and is there anything it's similar to?

Is it a must-have for rpg guys (bg2), Action Rpg guys(DS), BOTH?
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
and is there anything it's similar to?

Is it a must-have for rpg guys (bg2), Action Rpg guys(DS), BOTH?
I haven't been playing Morrowind for very long, but I know enough that if you are using Baldur's Gate and Dungeon Siege as something to compare it too, you'll probably be disappointed in the game. To me, it's not like playing anything that's currently out right now (I've never played the other Elder Scrolls games). It reminds me of the Ultima series crossed with a first person shooter type game. It's very slow moving in that you are living out your 1 character's life and you have to go around talking to people extensively as well as laying the smackdown on monsters. The character creation is pretty extensive and I'm having a lot of fun molding my guy through his adventure.
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 05:05 PM   #3
Charmy
Dungeon Master

I've been playing the game for a little bit. To be honest, I'm not THAT impressed with it. The graphics are real nice, so is the music, absolutely no complaints there. Good atmosphere and everything is just right. Storyline is complicated and people have alot to say.. there are many books you can read through.. all nice things.

However the combat so far seems boring and derivative to me, skill gains are horribly slow, and its easy to get lost or disoriented.. Hopefully this will change as I get to know the world better, but on first impression, the gameplay is lackluster.. at least for a combat-oriented character. I guess I'm spoiled on Wizardry 8 though =) Its definitely unlike any traditional RPG. That can be a good thing, but it can be a let down for some too.. *shrugs*

First impressions aren't always the most important, it may grow on me.
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:10 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Go over to www.Gamespot.com and read their first impressions. They have logged in quite a bit of time already and they are very favorable to the game, but their full review won't be out until a week or so.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote