Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 04:24 PM   #1
Nebuchedrezzar

I have asked this question before and instead of reciveing the reqired answers i insted got lectures on why i shouldnt have picked basterd swords as my main profiecny slots.
Well i did but i cant face the vampirs without a sword of a least +2 i have only +1 so ill get down on my knees and BEG!!!, please tell me where to find a basterd sword of +2 before you enter the underdark otherwise its the lowly depths of the cheaters Abyss for me.

Old 01-06-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
Kalgrog

There are none that I know of. The two +3 bastard swords that are in the game are in the Underdark apparently so you got a problem, though a small one to me. You are proficient in sword & shield, single weapon fighting, or two hand weapon fighting? The bonus you get with one of those plus the bonuses from a +3 long sword/axe/etc. or better should be good enough for you to get through some of Underdark until you can get one of the +3 bastards. Just my opinion.

If not, you can go here http://bg2.dbtavern.com/gameinfo/ite...rd/index.shtml and look up one of the +3 bastard swords to create it using the built-in cheat.

Old 01-06-2001, 05:20 PM   #3
Nebuchedrezzar

I have 3 slots in two handed weilding and 4 in basterd swords. I can use long swords etc at 2 attacks per round which i suppose will have to do. The only basterd swords i could find before the under dark were +1 +1/+3 vs shapeshifters & bloodbrand+1. The two swords in the underdark are +2 and +3

Old 01-06-2001, 07:34 PM   #4
G.W.

Just start again. It's still fun starting again, and it's easy as goblin pie.