Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 03:49 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

Durin looked out over the cold water, shark fins bobbed nearby and it looked as if it was going to rain. Shevine shivered, pulling her cloak around her slender shoulders, the cruel winds nipped at her delicate ears and her eyes held that far away look that meant that she was planning something. Sister Lisa leaned on the sacred blade calmly eyeing the cold waters.
"What's the tally so far?" asked Father Telar, resplendant in his new paladinic gear, his former priestly robes cast aside.
"Well," mumbled Gertha Drin," we could use his ship, I mean, that pirate won't need it anymore, stupid coward, shouldn't have stabbed me."
The rest of the group looked towards the gnome and nodded assent, all except for Carenis who looked at the circling fins.
"Carenis want new choppy thing," he bellowed," Carenis sees dead fishes."
Lisa cast a look of despair at Telar, "Didn't we get him a new sword last time we where back at Brimloch Roon?" she asked.
Durin ground his teeth noisily," Nah, there weren't any good enough. Besides," he continued," that Imperial Gladius of his isn't bad, 'xcept for the fact that stabbing weapons are useless." He hoisted his axe to prove his point.
"How many on the tally?" asked Shevine Callisham, her fin elfin voice almost carried away upon the breeze. A delicate eyebrow arched inquisitively as if in expectation of some rare and exciting answer.
"Same as last time," grumbled Father Telar," three water helms and two crab shells. We still haven't found any more and Buckly isn't making those helms like he said he would."
"Well," Durin spat a gobbet of plhegm that landed in the nasty looking water and vanished as a pack of piranahs investigated the disturbance," it ain't over the sea that we've got to go but under it," Gertha scowled at his statement of the obvious," and Stonefather alive but I'm not going down there without the right breathing gear.I mean who knows how far down we'll 'ave ter go ter get to this Collasium."
"I've just had a brilliant idea," it was Shevine again, her soft silky voice calling all to attention," why don't we go and seek the wisest sages of the land and ask them why Buckly isn't making anything and why we haven't seen any crabs since we started on the Shrine of Anephas."

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 03:53 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

SO, the question is, why isn't Buckly making helmets (I saw a post on here saying that he re makes them and that you need the helms to get the breathers working), why haven't I seen a single crab o' the sea since I met one in the sea in front of Anephas' tomb, any suggestions on getting a Warlock up to 15th lvl from 14 to learn the Call of Home spell, why Redbeard's Pirates ignore me even if I kill one of them despite the fact that they're all hostile and why are those breathers so big?

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-18-2001, 04:07 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You really shouldn't have that much trouble finding crabs - just sail around until your scout tells you there are crabs in the area.

Do you have any spells on such as invisible, or the like which would account for the baddies not being aware of your being there??

Have no idea why Buckley wouldn't be making helms - give him more shells.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 04:26 PM   #4
Elara
The Magister

Must be the grog, those pirates were oblivious!

Cast spirit eye, so you can see your red dotted sea life.. and if you have your scout skill up on a character, they'll tell you if a sea crab is in the vacinity.

The place I found the most crabs was in the bay into Skull Island. You can generate them by just swimming around alot in the area. You should get breathers (think of them as aqua-lungs) and the shell helmets for each character, unless you have lots of mana (or mana max potions) to cast Breath of Air over and over in the Collasium.

Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 04:37 PM   #5
Balgin
Elminster

To explain, I am not using invisibility, I do not have a party member who has a Scout skill or trait. Buckly only ever sold me three shell helmets and never replenished his stock. According to various posts on this forum he's supposed to make more of them. I've only ever found eight crab shells (they didn't all drop them) and hacen't really wanted to go diving for crabs without drowning. This has annoyed me slightly but any help would be greatly appreciated (I'm thinking about sending my above doodle to Slip's site but he's ignored my last entry and lost the one before that).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-18-2001, 04:50 PM   #6
Elara
The Magister

Buckly only sells you the helmets and the breathers if you bring him the raw material to make them, ie, crab shells. You usually get 3 pieces of equipment for every 3 shells.

If'n you want to breathe, better go crab hunting! Someone also posted that you can pickpocket the crabs for the shells too. Another note: your air stays static during combat. Get a piranah to follow you around.. you can stay underwater longer. Just come up for air now and then.

I never buy a boat.. and yes, we all have webbed feet in my party!

Elara

Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 07:00 PM   #7
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Buckly can also be a bit of a stubborn git sometimes, as he will probably only make masks when you want the breathing tanks and vice versa. My characters have sometimes had to bring in more than 15 conch shells just to get enough equipment to kit them all out.

AliCat
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 07:28 PM   #8
Matri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My problem is getting enough shells.
All that ever spawns for me are Sharks and Barracudas and Eels. Yeeeesshh...
Matri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 07:31 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Balgin: Regarding Slip, he's out of town right now, so do try again. Your writings are fun and deserve to be posted up there.

BTW, I'm putting up the GS Examiner in just a bit...look for it!

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 10:42 PM   #10
Moni

I found crabs and shells a'plenty just circling the lagoon at the port of
Brimloch Roon every time I came back to sell off extra items and get new quests...by the time I had made it to Collasium I had all the helms and breathers I needed, three at a time of course. ; )

Good Luck, Balgin
: )
Moni