Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2002, 11:00 AM   #1
Anamics
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm still at the prologue, Just got my fanciful party and i'm running around,"great" i say and i hop around from shop to shop but hey. i'm kinda broke. Okay. Now, i'm not looking for cheats but then, i dont mind any exploiting methods i can get my hands upon =) hmm so.. till now, any ideas how i can get my hands on more money?

in bg2, i remembered there's a fencer where u could puff 5 master theivery potions and kept stealing and selling the items back and again and again. does that work here? geez but even if it does, i'm way broke to get my hands on the potion. and i see cool stuff at the shops. *drools* someone help before i kill every shopkeeper!!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright what i do is i did all the assiginments give to me by the recruiter. Once you complete one get a fighter or a rouge (Dont get paladin or cleric) to talk to him. They'll ask em for a reward. Do so nicely and you can get a good 3000 a mission and on one you can get like 10000
Old 09-15-2002, 01:00 PM   #3
Kalak
The Magister

Money in the game shouldn't be a problem till around chapter 4 or 5 since that's when magic gets expensive. The trick, is to do ALL the quest, sell every item that you don't use but can get your hands on, pick every lock, and pickpocket everyone. I had about 30k gold and all the magic items i wanted from the shops by the time I finished chapter 1.