Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm sorry but can anyone think of a more wonderous sight? The glint in the eyes. The life in the expression. The manifestation of joy, life and harmony in such a simple gesture. Especially if you've caused it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You know sometimes I think the telephone robs us of certain things. I remember once seeing a woman on the phone. She was talking to someone, and all of a sudden her face just lit up. She smiled. Eyes, mouth, face. Pure joy. Whoever was on the other line - the catalyst for such a transformation - was not part of that experience. They missed it. So I appreciated it. I chose to appreciate it and watch for a little longer. Her smile did not end unseen or unappreciated. It made a coomplete strangers day. My day.

I once posted about a little Malaysian girl who's father sold me some Indian food in a bazaar. Her eyes went straight through me when she smiled. I commented to her father on what a wonderful daughter he had, and gave a big tip.

Anyhow, as I'm writing I'm just thinking of all the smiles I can remember from the women I've known. I cannot think of a more beautiful sight - although I'm not a father yet.

So here's to wishing smiles on each of you. May you be smiled at by a stranger this week. May you smile at a stranger this week. May it lift your spirits and may you lift anothers spirits. May you see light from unexpected corners and see beauty from a plan seemingly gone awry. May you experience the joy of giving without any reward other than the joy of knowing in some way a persons life, though for the slightest moment, was made more enjoyable. And may yours this week in turn be made more enjoyable by someone doing the same.

That is my wish, my prayer for whoever reads this.

God bless you.

Hugh.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-12-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

What's even more beautiful is if the smile's from a woman you love.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
What's even more beautiful is if the smile's from a woman you love.
That is indeed the stuff of heaven.

Old 01-12-2003, 05:31 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yorrrick, you have been smoking the chronic again, haven't you ? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Yorrrick, you have been smoking the chronic again, haven't you ? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Never smoked it Jonny. Not once. Don't need to.

Old 01-12-2003, 05:45 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Yorick, what a beautiful post!

My thoughts entirely. I always try to give people a smile as I walk past. It costs nothing. I also think that a smile is what makes someone beautiful. Nothing more ugly than a miserable face, and nothing more beautiful than a smile.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Great post, Hugh. I was a witness to such a transforming smile just a few moments ago. My 4 year old son is playing in one of our rare snowfalls. He was really not doing much more than just dashing about, falling down, and making snow angels, but his little face was just alight. Beautiful sight.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:05 PM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Great post, Hugh. I was a witness to such a transforming smile just a few moments ago. My 4 year old son is playing in one of our rare snowfalls. He was really not doing much more than just dashing about, falling down, and making snow angels, but his little face was just alight. Beautiful sight.
The expression of a childs pure unadulterated joy. But I'm sure the expression of a parent watching their childs happiness is also a sight Attalus. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2003, 06:08 PM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Yorick, what a beautiful post!

My thoughts entirely. I always try to give people a smile as I walk past. It costs nothing. I also think that a smile is what makes someone beautiful. Nothing more ugly than a miserable face, and nothing more beautiful than a smile.
[img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2003, 06:13 PM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
LOL, he hasn't but I have j/k
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray