Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2000, 10:17 AM   #1
Dwarf

Due to certain things and the world being as it is,the tunnel leading to the Bronze Dragon aparatus is too narrow to run up(in fact it's too thin to walk up) I keep on getting stuck on the walls,bouncing off each of them onto each other and never getting anywhere.I wander if this problem would still persist if I gave ALL party members dragon armour?The Dwarf at the mine entrance takes the writ away and won't let me out,I'll work on that too.Using the climbing keys don't work and I'm reduced to a Daggerfall style "walk towards the wall and keep pressing forwards until something happens" sort of climbing,however I can walk along the cave walls in the Lava cave without falling off them into the lava and without using the handy stepping stones provided.Is that meant to happen?
Old 12-29-2000, 01:57 PM   #2
Gauleiter

LOL did you mention enough things in that paragraph?

Climbing (and jumping) all work better when you look straight up -- makes no logical sense in the real world, but, as Ask Shimwicki documents, W&W is not by any means working with the same physics rules as we are.

Also, the wall walking is well documented -- works in many places throughout the land, notably the Stout Mines and the DragonSpire. Another curiosity of this physics engine...
Old 12-29-2000, 05:08 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The dwarf takes the writ, but returns it to you as an "unidentified scroll?". You will need to find it in your inventory and ID it again. It should be slightly curved like the assassins contract, monkey stew recipe etc. You need to wait for the beast to retreat towards the back of the cave so that you can slip around into a passage and switch him off. And yes, me be the one who ask Shinwiki about why toads need to stare at sky when make big jump. Him ask Ukabu Bradley for me - him answer be most funny - laughter is good for toads - me think him consume way too much ukabu brew.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 06:10 PM   #4
Dwarf

Mention enough things?I can never mention enough things(I just wish that the latest versions of Windows and DirectX wouldn't mess up Daggerfall).Concerning the metalic beast, it did not retreat the first four times and I ended up having to use a scroll of life.Thanks to another in game bug/temporary error by my computer, the Dwarvern gatekeeper didn't return the scroll to me(I checked all characters packs for all of the "important messages" scrolls and had my Warlock Id them all,I also tried the tray, it wasn't there either,glad I hadn't saved it).The passage leading up to the gatekeepers door is almost as narrow as the Bronze Dragon's.Concerning physics,I never liked physics but one of my GM's did and I found out the hard way.I lobbed a sack of flour into a room full of invisible things in order to try and see them better(typical fighter thinking),and absent mindedly asked a friend to lob an explosive device into there before the flour had settled.The GM then explained the physics behind condensed area explosions as the party was hurled down the corridor ROFLOLMAO.We then invested in flourbombs
Old 12-30-2000, 04:55 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

I lost the writ once when leaving the mines, because it's returned to the FIRST character, not the currently selected one (who gave the scroll). If that first character's inventory is full, the scroll is dropped to the ground, and before you got a chance to pick it up the game starts loading the outside world. Ergo, no way to get the writ again.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote