Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 02:11 PM   #1
BigAl
Dungeon Master

After you kill Oakenmir and retreive the seed as part of the Magic Shoppe quest in Brimloch roon.....ONLY one character gets the praise and reward. How are the other supposed to complete this quest for the other characters??????????
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 02:21 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Don't murder me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you can acquire that seed from some other trees, which are evil.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
BigAl
Dungeon Master

hey...your life is safe!

But obviously not those of these trees. R U telling me not to kill Oakenmir and hunt down these other evil trees????

Man it took me about 1/2hr and earned nuff xp's!

So what's the deal?
Old 10-25-2001, 04:04 PM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

Well, big Al... those other trees are called Bark Horrors , and by killing them I managed to procure (is that the right word for it?) three seeds. They look just like Oakenmir, but are a lot less friendly The nifty thing about them is that they can respawn, so if you don't get enough seeds the first time, try a visit later on.

Klick here for a hint on location of the Bark Horrors.

Cheers // Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:57 PM   #5
BigAl
Dungeon Master

I presume it's okay to knock off oakenmir? any negative effect on the role play?......plenty bonus points.

Thanks Jazzid & Neb
Old 10-26-2001, 06:21 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

No negative effects (except the personal stigma that you knowcked off one of the old Mavin Guardians / Watchers - BOOOOOOO) - the tree has way too much experience but - I never let im live .

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 01:02 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Alas, poor Oakenmir!! (sniff)

Bark Horrors will supply all the seeds you need and more. Unfortunately, in most games they are not to be found until you reach the Lost Sea area. Some lucky players have manage to find some near Talrik but I believe that is rather rare.

The designers were not thinking straight when they endowed all the nice NPCs with mega experience points to be gained. Booo!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 04:24 PM   #8
BigAl
Dungeon Master

Well...............so long Oakenmir!!!!!!!!!!!

i do feel "bad" killing this poor critter but As Wyv said too many XP'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2001, 04:53 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Alas, poor Oakenmir!! (sniff)

Bark Horrors will supply all the seeds you need and more. Unfortunately, in most games they are not to be found until you reach the Lost Sea area. Some lucky players have manage to find some near Talrik but I believe that is rather rare.

The designers were not thinking straight when they endowed all the nice NPCs with mega experience points to be gained. Booo!!

Wyv
I agree, Wyvern. They should have made them mega-hard to kill, and then, like, given 1 XP to any survivors who felled them. THAT would have made players think twice about things like that!

Cheers,

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 08:22 AM   #10
Bladud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I guess I'm just not evil enough or something, I have yet to burn or damage any of the guardians (although King Frey didn't make it). He was an unfortunate casualty of war. (Greed does terrible things to a person.) I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the sea so that I can get these seeds (grin). I suppose those stories would be best suited for the Bumble thread or the Boogre Bar.
Bladud is offline   Reply With Quote