Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've always wondered...how come you can stick you head between 2 bars, but you can't pull it back out?
Old 08-22-2003, 11:54 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I think it has something to do with you being able to put all your weight towards putting your head in, but not pulling it out. Or something like that? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I remember being like 3, and getting my head stuck between bars at the zoo. The hippos came right up to me, and boy did they stink. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2003, 12:08 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm.... I suspect it's related to physics and your ears.

No, really

Your head (especially at the age where you are likely to try to stick your head between bars without having consumed large amounts of alcohol) is not an even cylinder. The top of your head tends to be wider, and as you go towards the neck, you get narrower. As you try to push through, your ears get in the way and get pushed toward a narrower part of your head.

When you try to get out, your ears again get in the way, only this time, they're pushed toward a wider part of your head, making your head wider. To proceed forward from that point gets rather painful unless something is involved which either makes the opening wide or makes the head narrower.

Now, as an older person (say, 14 or more, depending on the part of the world), putting your head between two bars may often involve... [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

That kinda takes the imagination away
Old 08-23-2003, 09:37 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I've always wondered...how come you can stick you head between 2 bars, but you can't pull it back out?
errrrr. Lady blue, this isnt a cry for help is it? you want us to call 911 or get the fire brigade to help you out? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 08-23-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 08-23-2003, 10:24 AM   #6
Gandar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Wellard, I love your new sig! I haven't seen "The Fabulous, Furry, Freak Brothers in almost 20 years. Sure brings back a lot of (BLURRED)memories!
Old 08-23-2003, 01:33 PM   #7
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I really don't understand the problem unless bars are just really close where you live. I can park my car between bars here and usually go into the one on the drivers side of the auto. Unless I've been especially rowdy, I don't need help to get out of the bar and don't appreciate the help i get anyway.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #8
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I mean the bars on fences and stuff. Like when i was in kindergarden i poked my head through these bars on the jungle gym during lunch...and couln't get it back out. So naturally I broke into tears and screamed until a teacher came and pulled the bars apart [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2003, 02:30 AM   #9
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I mean the bars on fences and stuff. Like when i was in kindergarden i poked my head through these bars on the jungle gym during lunch...and couln't get it back out. So naturally I broke into tears and screamed until a teacher came and pulled the bars apart [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Your teachers could bend jungle gym bars?? What kind of school did you go to?
Old 08-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #10
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Could it have something to do with you have more power pushing than opposed to pulling? I mean, I find that I have more "strength" if I push something heavy than if I tried to pull it. Or am I making no sense at all?
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>