Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2002, 06:58 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

What has been your most humiliating death? Mine was in the sewers below the cooper coronet.

I had done most quests in town, and decided to kill the slavers before leaving the town, so I go in the cooper coronet, slaughter everyone with my solo high level kensei, go down in the sewer, and kill everything on my way, nothing can resist me. I cross the wooden bridge, and tell myself "There should be some traps around here... Bah! No problem, I don't fear a few magic missiles..."

Well... the trap was a little different than I expected, it was a Flesh to stone trap. No problem, right? I have a saving throw of -4. Well guess what... I failed the save.

This is the legend of the Bhaalspawn who left a trail of death everywhere on the sword coast, and one day mysteriously disappeared in the sewers...
Old 12-21-2002, 07:14 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Oh, Habib, Habib...
I was coming right from the battle with Mencar Pebblecrusher and his party in the Den of the Seven Vales, and had nothing more than 3 HP left. Being a solo Kensai, I had no ability to heal myself. So I went to the nearest temple I could find, which ofcourse was the Temple of Ilmater. Who awaited for me there? Habib, the money- and Scimitar-throwing madman did. Tossing a coin in my head, the mighty level 12 Bhaalspawn Kensai had been killed by a random madman.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:45 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oddly enough, it happened not ten minutes ago.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I was invisible when i approached the priestess at the sahuagin city (the one with the cloak of reflection). My sorc thought he could kill her easily enough and so shunned his magic in favour of trying a thief style backstab with a staff (bad call). The Priestess must have been pretty pissed off, as her reation was a spell called 'spellcasting speed of the shark-father' followed by (deep breath): shield of the archons, physical mirror, death ward, chaotic commands, greater malison (aimed at me), protection from electricity, prot. from acid, spirit armour, stoneskin, prot. from cold, prot. from fire, resist fear (twice), blur, mirror image, shield, melf's minute meteors (twice) and protection from magical weapons.

My sorc sort of stumbled backwards making inarticulate spell casting gestures trying to raise some sort of defence at the single most powerful contingency he had ever witnessed. He only just managed to raise a stoneskin before he was promptly annihilated by the priestess who was now called 'minor avatar of sekolah'. The moral: just 'cause you're a sorc, doesn't mean you're smart.

Incidentally, i went back to a save game in spellhold (curse my godly over-confidence) and fought my way back. With a couple of pre-buffs, he made short work of the divine biatch. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:53 AM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

ah, habib, that annoying scimitar man. i havent been killed by him personally, but he once killed my mighty 12 level edwin. the story goes something like this. My powerful duo of the Mighty Edwin Odesseiron and my deadly assassin had just had an intense fight with a vampire trying to save a few pitiful shadow thieves. with my assassin level drained and Edwin being dead, i made my way to the humble temple devoted to Ilmater, the god of suffering(i think). spending my last gold pieces to raise my fellow companion, a very disturbed young man decides to throw his scimitar, or was a rock or something this time, i remember not, at my severly wounded companion. and look at that. edwin, having only 1 hit point, just happens to take the hit and die again. and being a real roleplayer, i couldnt just load and be more careful, no, i had to raise enough gold to have him raised again. damn, there wasnt a chunk of habib left, after i let all my fury at him, slicing him to thousand bits.

the most embarassing PC character death would have to be after the battle with the sewer bullies. leaving the battle severly wounded, only to be shot down by a god forsaken GOBLIN ARCHER. its just so sad.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 10:58 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Oh, Habib, Habib...
I was coming right from the battle with Mencar Pebblecrusher and his party in the Den of the Seven Vales, and had nothing more than 3 HP left. Being a solo Kensai, I had no ability to heal myself. So I went to the nearest temple I could find, which ofcourse was the Temple of Ilmater. Who awaited for me there? Habib, the money- and Scimitar-throwing madman did. Tossing a coin in my head, the mighty level 12 Bhaalspawn Kensai had been killed by a random madman.
Having died many a sad and often stupid death. this cheered me up no end. SIR EXXON this is legandry. A tale for bards to sing everywhere and for evermore.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:58 PM   #6
Sir Galefin
Dungeon Master

Probably going upsatirs in the gaurded compound with my solo mage before i knew what was up there. He was only like level 9 too..... He didnt last long.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:00 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Habib is on a killing spree...
Old 12-21-2002, 09:53 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Would it not be fun if in the next bg2-tob upgrade (if there is one) that habib or the annoying guy at trademeet(neeber?) or the crazy cleric/priest in the dock district were randomly transformed into an improved werewolf or something..

Just a thought!

Old 12-21-2002, 09:57 PM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Just rememberd one of my many embarising deaths was after a big fight, as usual, casting a raise dead on imeon and forgetting to heal myself first
ooooops.. not recomended with less than ten hp left.