Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2001, 07:58 PM   #1
bavvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the npc portraits in BG. I know shadowkeeper will do this in bg2 but gatekeeper doesn't seem able to. Personally I think Imoan's much cuter in SOA.
bavvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 09:27 PM   #2
Eric the Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

should just be able to download the gif and put it in ya baldurs gate file and import it in, im by far no expert but i did it with my portrait, just not exact on all the details hehe sorry
Old 11-06-2001, 04:52 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's easy. As Eric said, just find a picture you prefer (and its miniature version) and put them in your Baldur's Gate/Portraits directory. But he forgot to point out that you have to name them after what character they're for: In your case, they've got to be called ImoenL.bmp and ImoenS.bmp, or the games won't accept them as the proper override files. (With other characters, you may have to fiddle around a bit to get the names right.)
Old 11-11-2001, 01:25 AM   #4
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
(With other characters, you may have to fiddle around a bit to get the names right.)

Thanks for the info. I've been able to do this for all my characters but Shar-Teel. I can't figure out what the file name should be. I've tried all of the 6 letter plus S or L variations of her name I could think of and still can't seem to get her pic overridden. Does anyone know what the correct file name is? Please? : )

Thanks,
Katherine
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 02:28 PM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

Having the same problem. Someone please help!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:48 PM   #6
Svenman{GUARD}
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You have to overwrite the old names in your portrtaits directory with the new pic u want as the portrait. And in an editor, i suggest not raising tour people too high, because itll take the fun out of the game. trust me.
Old 11-17-2001, 03:00 AM   #7
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Svenman{GUARD}:
And in an editor, i suggest not raising tour people too high, because itll take the fun out of the game. trust me.

Huh?

Katherine
Old 11-17-2001, 03:06 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:

Huh?

Katherine

Svenman is referring to using GateKeeper or another editor to change your characters' portraits, these editors can also be used to change stats, proficiencies, saving throws, thieving skills and equipment(Not 100% sure about the equipment one though.)
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote