Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2002, 04:00 PM   #1
Malbor
Welcomed New User

My bard and my rogue are now 20ish and with their max speed and double shot slings, I'm burning Stones so fast that I can't use their range attacks in most fights. With 3 shots and such high speed, they can often get 6 attacks a round.

I've cleaned out the vendors in Arnika, The Umpani guy(before I waxed him), Crock and the Trynnie guy, I cleaned out the Rapax guy in the Castle and now he's hostile. Bela had some the first time I ran across him but he's been dry ever since.

Now I'm to the point that I'd be happy with regular bullet stones(much less spiked or better), but I only end up finding them on the ground.

Conversely, everywhere I go, there's piles of hunter quarrels and Barbed or better arrows.

What gives? Why is sling ammo so hard to come by?

-Mal
Malbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 05:09 PM   #2
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

When you say you "cleaned out" the vendors in arnika, I'm assuming you didn't mean that you killed them.

Anna is great for sling stones if everyone else is hostile. Just camp 24 hours in her store and she'll replenish... if she doesn't, buy something from her... make it small, then check again, or after 24 hours. you could always bite the bullet and see Burz in the Monastery.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:06 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

All merchant inventories restock 24 hours after your last visit. Crock is the best bet for good stones, namely impaling, so go there, and camp out a few times to build up your supply. How much of any ammo regnerates is random, so you'll likely need a few days there.

Strange about Ferro being hostile, though. How did that happen?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 06:44 PM   #4
Mage_77
Manshoon

On another note if you goto Ascension Peak there's tons of stones & arrows just lying around