Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #51
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by toot033:
Hello HiveTyrant.
1) If you could be any animal, what would it be?
Hmm, would have to be a Sloth

I'm a pretty lazy guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
2) What caused your pac man pill-eating sig?
Good question!

At the time, I was getting alot of my sig inspiration from old video games, and I actually was down the street (shopS) when I saw an old school pac man arcade machine which I had not seen in many years. I didn't actually play it, but I thought, "hey! I could make an awesome sig with pac man in it!" As I started making it, I realised the forums restrictions on sig size was going to make it hard to do something cool, and then the idea just *popped* right into my head! "Hmm, maybe I could use my head!" so I did! At first I thought it was a horrible idea, but I uaually go through heaps of sigs before I choose one that I like.

And I think it turned out fine. Most people seemed to like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
3. If you could pick any time era to live in, which one would it be?
Well, from what I have seen/learned about the past, it's pretty crap [img]tongue.gif[/img] So I would either like to live 20 years in the future-Not too far ahead that I would not be able to adapt, but I could jump through all the boring technical advances and get to the good stuff Or jump waaaay ahead in time-like 300 years (assuming we are still around then) just to see how far we have come in that time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
4. What was the most recent time you had a 'reload' moment - when you wished you could load a previous 'save' of your life and do something over? And no 'I never regret anything' copouts either! Everyone has things they wish didn't happen, like accidently cutting yourself or scraping your car or something
Hmm, spose that would be keeping silent when I should have told a girl how I felt, as it turns out, if I had said something, things would have been a lot different according to her, but by that time, it was too late

I won't go into detail, but thats one of the only things I regret.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
5. Do you watch the news/read the newspaper alot? Why/why not?
I used to watch the news everyday, not only because I watched TV non-stop, but because I like to know everything I can, about everything. BUT, I have not watched more than 10 hours of TV in the last 6 months and it's great! I read up on all the news online now as I can pick the stuff i'm more interested in.

Some great questions there! Sorry for the delay in answering.

Next up has to be Bungleau(You have inspired me to revert back to that sig )
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:36 AM   #52
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. Do you get tired of flying all over the country for a living?
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #53
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

2. What event (if any. Gaming or otherwise) inspired the second line of your sig? "Save early..."
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #54
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

3. Why Bungleau? (and better yet how the hell do you pronounce it? )
Old 07-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #55
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:

Aelia;
Insights gained from the answer to the Cheeseburger question:
A person looking to take you out would find you a reasonable date. A small diner would be better to you than the extravagant steak house, perhaps even a pancake house. I'd say that you're not extremely high maintenance, or at least not such a stickler about life in general. One word give away "yummy". Your not the prim and proper, nose stuck up in the air type. All of this is based only on the response to that question. It's not an end all be all for a personality quiz, but it does give away more than you might suspect.
Yeah, see I think that is reaching to a huge degree, and there are many other interpretations you could have made that would be equally valid and therefore equally useless. I could have read the question extremely literally, i.e. "which food item do I prefer" (which I did), so the fact that I said no to the filet has nothing to do with what sort of restaurant I would like - I could as easily prefer a fancy restaurant, but I would order the chicken or the foie gras. Or maybe the fact that I said no to both and said I'd make my own suggests I'm extremely high maintenance in that I'm fussy and controlling (but delightfully whimsical - see "yummy" ) and no restaurant you'd take me to would be good enough. There are just too many variables affecting how people will answer this question, rendering any conclusions you might make regarding personality as meaningless.

Anyway sorry to harrass you for what is a perfectly harmless and fun question [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] . Possibly this debate has told you more about my personality than whether I like my beef in whole or reconstituted form - that I'm a boring harping pedant . I think this sort of 'pop psychology' is a bit of a bugbear of mine because it is the sort of thing that laypeople identify as what scientific, experimental psychology is about and it gives it a bad name
[/QUOTE]No harm, no foul. as I said, it's by no means an end all be all for a personality test. It's really effective in situations like these, however, if people aren't looking for that kind of thing, but just answering questions. Note that the question doesn't specify going out to get these items, so that is open to the interpretation of the one answering, and that, too, says something about them. I have no illusions of becoming a lay psychologist, however.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #56
ZFR
Legion Symbol

4. When you get a PC game, do you read the manual before playing it or just start playing straight away? What about other stuff (e.g electrical appliances, cameras etc...) do you read the manual for those?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #57
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

5. Two trains travelling at the same velocity the first is travelling from....

just kidding

Question 5.
What is you're opinion on Reality TV?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:47 PM   #58
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
1. Do you get tired of flying all over the country for a living?
Only when surrounded by amateur travelers, people who get mad when a plane is delayed and such. C'mon, folks... if they're not flying, it's for one of three reasons:

• Something wrong with the plane
  • Something wrong with the pilot
  • Something wrong with where the plane's going
Which one do you think you can over-ride them on?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #59
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
2. What event (if any. Gaming or otherwise) inspired the second line of your sig? "Save early..."
It's a gaming twist on legendary Chicago behavior. See, back in the early 1900s, voting was really exciting in Chicago, and someone coined the phrase "Vote early, vote often" because some people just got paid to vote... illegal, of course, but if someone offered you ten bucks (a couple hundred today) to go vote again some place else, could you turn it down?

I twisted that into a gaming mantra of "Save early, save often"... experienced computer gamers know the truth of that one.

And on the W&W board, Wyvern (I think) added the lines of "Save before, save after"... wise words, when you've just completed a major battle and the power suddenly goes out...
-+-+-+
Old 07-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #60
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
3. Why Bungleau? (and better yet how the hell do you pronounce it? )
LOL! Fair question!

"Bungleau" became my standard CRPG name for a thief. When I created him, I figured that he, like most low-level thieves, would screw up almost everything he'd tried -- he'd bungle it. But I didn't want to call him just "Bungle", so, being the francophile that I am, I turned it into a French-like word by throwing "eau" onto the end.

It's pronounced just like the word "bungalow"... just spelled a lot differently. And B is a perfectly fine abbreviation in my book
-+-+-+