Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 07:11 PM   #1
Moni

In P.E. today we had to run 1.5 miles, or at least walk it...I ran half and walked half, switching off ever 1/8th of a mile and making sure I actaully ran at least half of it.

I haven't run anywhere near a mile in over twenty years and the only reason I did then was because I was being chased by a lightning storm!

I'm really proud, being a heavy smoker and having one of my lungs half collapsed (which I really felt about halfway through).
I won't say I wasn't ready to choke up the other lung when I was finished either but I finished & before some women at least ten years my junior thinking before we even started that I'd be dead last!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-04-2001, 07:15 PM   #2
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Sorly enough that is what happens when you smoke. Had a grandma that couldn't stop
even when she had to go onto oxigen from smoking to much. Just hope the other one doesn't collapse in your next run.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 07:23 PM   #3
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Sorly enough that is what happens when you smoke. Had a grandma that couldn't stop
even when she had to go onto oxigen from smoking to much. Just hope the other one doesn't collapse in your next run.

Ouch!
I should probably explain that it is not collapsed because of smoking...it was punctured with one or more broken rib fragments while it was full of fluid (pneumonia) when I got my chest crushed in an automobile accident.
(It opens up with an audible "pop" every once in a while and I get an oxygen high until it collapses again LOL...not today though, it just made me feel like I needed a new lung )

I also have torn ligaments in my right foot...I didn't do too bad for a woman so out of shape (fifteen years out of a regular exercise routine) and pushing forty!

P.S. I had a grandmother in that same boat...sneaking smokes at the window of her hospital room while she was hooked up to an oxygen tank with emphysema.

I am really hoping this class will give me incentive to quit...seeing what it has done to others just hasn't been convincing enough to make me not like to smoke...wanting to choke up a lung was a start.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-04-2001).]

Old 09-04-2001, 07:29 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Sorry about the grandmother. An automobile aciden't ouch that had to hurt and ain't oxigen highs something elece had them onece or twice before from pushing myself to hard.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 08:34 PM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Well done Moni, you show those young ones how it's done
Old 09-04-2001, 08:42 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Um. Moni? Can't that lung be fixed? What reason is there for it to be permanently collapsed? My ex-husband had one of his collapsed on purpose for an operation, but after he healed it re-inflated with no problems, and he had had extensive lung surgery, plus the removal of parts of 3 ribs and the cutting of a major nerve. Is your lung too badly damaged, or is it the muscle tissue? Or what? Sorry to be so nosey!

------------------

Old 09-04-2001, 10:22 PM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Congrats Moni! You make us smokers proud

Actually I don't know if it is just me or what, but I run about 8 miles a week (2-3 miles, 3-4 days) and I smoke 1 1/2 packs/day

If I ever quit, I am frightened what potential I may have

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
**Former proud member of the Laughing Hyenas**
Old 09-04-2001, 10:34 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I understand Moni. I smoke too. I quit temporarily once about 7 years ago, for two years, but dumbass me started again just for amusement really, I truly had it kicked too, what an IDIOT!!!

Anyway, if you do try to quit one day, I'll be behind you and supporting you

------------------
Old 09-05-2001, 08:51 AM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

Good on ya Moni, I don't know ya, but I'm still proud of you....it's probably more than I could do, and I'm seventeen with two healthy lungs

Old 09-05-2001, 10:05 AM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok Moni, today you have to run....4 miles!!!! Get to it! Doubletime! Hey I had a collapsed lung too when I was operated on....by a biker....