Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 02:57 AM   #1
Floraowe
The Magister

Just think about what you have to do get the pantaloons (spoilers):
In BG you have to STEAL golden pantaloons from a nobleman by LYING (pretending to be the laundry service).

In BG2, to get the silver pantaloons you have to leave a poor defenceless woman TIED UP by KIDNAPPERS in a dark creaky old house and collect the ransom (which happens to be pantaloons).

So what are you going to have to do in ToB to get nickel panties? Burn and plunder an entire town?

Are good PCs supposed to have any pantaloons at all? How does a good character (particularly a paladin) justify having pantaloons in their possession?
Old 06-13-2001, 03:03 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

o_O? Urm... ...

What's up with your pantaloon fetish? Good characters, including my avatar, should free the woman instead... ... Though I didn't know about the pantaloon thingie. Since I have never done the ransom before.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #3
Floraowe
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
o_O? Urm... ...

What's up with your pantaloon fetish?

I confess, I am obsessed with pantaloons. There are pantaloons in BG, and pantaloons in BG2. The descriptions of both items suggests the existence of a third type of pantaloon, the nickel panties, so I'm hoping the nickel panties will show up in ToB. They have to be more than just fashion accessories!

Old 06-13-2001, 07:54 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Who cares about justification? It's a game for God's sake. Real life, it may be an issue. In the game, do what you feel like

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-13-2001, 08:04 AM   #5
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I thought I read a release by Black Isle stating that there would be no nickel panties, as previously speculated, but rather electrum pantaloons, +5 vs. heat rash.

However, I had also heard that ToB was coming out June 5th, so I could be wrong.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:35 AM   #6
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

LoL@Zateel
Old 06-16-2001, 12:21 PM   #7
Maever
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorrie, newbie qn!

Wat's pantaloon and where do i find them in BG2?
Old 06-16-2001, 04:41 PM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maever:
Sorrie, newbie qn!

Wat's pantaloon and where do i find them in BG2?
this should answer all your questions

personally, floraowe, i sympathise with you. i have asked myself the same question over and over. it has caused no end of arguments and downright fistfights within my group.
my party always tries to do what is right, but the call of the pantaloons is too strong to resist.

*hangs her head in shame*

V***V

Old 06-16-2001, 05:24 PM   #9
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Are you saying that I should create a 'Pantaloon +4', grants some sort of extra abilities for the wearer?

That can be gladly done

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 05:26 PM   #10
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Pantaloons are unwearable items and check out the link it explains it all, the pantaloons are joke items or if you prefer easter eggs.

------------------