Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

how do you find the address for an image so you can use it for your signature?.
Old 02-24-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
Stealth Bomber

Right click on the image and select properties. Under address you will see its location.

Old 02-24-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Cheers my friend.
Isn't the Retail Manager lark a pain in the ass?. I dont know bout you but its all those bloody customers that spoil it. I think I need to get another job.
Old 02-24-2001, 05:25 PM   #4
Stealth Bomber

Tell me about it! I used to work for Toys'R'Us and the week after Xmas was sheer hell. They blamed you personally that their childs xmas was ruined because little Johny thought it would be ok to saw the head off a Power Ranger, Tellytubby etc. It was never their darling child's fault, oh no it was the shoddy workmanship. That and idiots queueing for two days to buy their child that must have present without which life would be meaningless. Heaven help you if you sold out! Never mind the fact the sign on the door said first 50 customers only and they were number 364. Some 'caring' parents even queued overnight with toddlers in the freezing cold. Is it me or is a child not dying of hyperthermia more important than a bloody toy?

Now I sell computers. Have you ever heard someone say oh its definitely not the computer it is me? Even first time buyers who think the mouse is a corded remote and the disc tray a cup holder (I kid you not) still assume it can't be them. You would think after 20 years I would have learnt my lesson lol

Oh god, I think I just went off on one. My apologies to anyone who read this post!

Old 02-24-2001, 05:50 PM   #5
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Fear not my friend as I too have had the "It's not my....." type of customer.
I work for Blockbuster Video and some of the braniacs we have coming in are priceless.

Read on.........

1,Put new video tape(still in plastic wrapping) in video player.
Came in shop with VCR-"your video has broken my VCR you can pay for a new one, Watchdog will hear about this!".
2,Anytime anything has a line in the picture even if its a brand new tape, its always happened to Mr/s "I only bought my video recorder last week so it cant possibly be at fault.
Ah well we do get ourselves into this stupid line of work, more fool us.
Old 02-24-2001, 06:03 PM   #6
Stealth Bomber

ROTFL Still in the shrink wrap, god thats priceless. Its probably the same customer who tried to play their CD on their old record player.

PS Nice gif!

Old 02-24-2001, 06:12 PM   #7
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Sorry I'm new to all these things
What does ROTFL actually meen
Old 02-24-2001, 06:17 PM   #8
RAISTLIN

rotfl = rolling on the floor laughing
rotflmao = rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

Old 02-24-2001, 06:50 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wow! I'm afraid I dont have the temperment to do what you guys do. Be fired in an hour. I work construction (framing) and we get obnoxious when anyone does something stupid
Old 02-24-2001, 07:06 PM   #10
Stealth Bomber

Sadly LoA neither do I! lol Probably explains why my hair is falling out. Lost it big time today with a moron who couldn't understand than salespeople weren't responsible for repairs, that was the engineers job. At least I can releive all my pent up frustrations playing BG2. Its amazing how some of those lichs look just like some of my customers.