Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #1
Mellagar

**WARNING...THERE ARE SPOILERS....SET YOURSELF ON FIRE IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SEE THEM......OR JUST DO NOT READ THEM**
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Whether I decide to kill them before or after I arrive to take down, for good, the Iron Throne, I come to the point of reckoning. At the very top level of the Throne you have to deal with the group of VERY difficult lackeys, who for me were quite tough. I used a cheesy bit of tact and sent my mage in, turned invisible after conversation, used a wand of fireball, and stinking cloud. Hid in the corner where they couldn't see me and blasted them all to kingdom come. Well after using this lame trick for the umpteenth time it makes the battle feel cheapened. How did any of you manage to render them asunder? Also the battle against the other Iron Throne gang, in the underground lair beneath Baldur's Gate, was dealt with by all of you in what fashion?
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:21 PM   #2
mad=dog

Well I'd say buff up properly. Spirit Armor, Blur and mirror image on the mages. Scroll of fire protection and potion of freedom on the tank. Haste. Make sure you use greater malison so they miss more saving throws. Incapacitate either with web (may not work, at least one of them has free action) or alternatively horror. Then start to send in the tank. A wand of paralysis is a good way to specifically take out their annoying archer as it has a -4 on saving throws.
I don't think I can take it without loosing a party member if I just go up with everybody without buffing. Then again you should have enough money for raise dead at the temple.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:14 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

when i played the guys under bg, i went in and one guy accidentally damaged a few others on his team with his fireball arrows. so they had a fight betweenthemselves, so i killed them 1 at a time
Old 04-29-2005, 07:24 AM   #4
ister
Drow Warrior

For the top of the tower I generally go in invisible and get a thief next to the mage and a fighter next the archer (after lots of buffing of course). Haste is essential. I'll then come up the stairs with the visible team, and summon some monsters for them to mess with while I take out the spell casters.

For the Undercity I almost always cheese it. Get someone invisbly up to the middle of the party with 100% fire resistance. The archers then wipe out themselves, and I'll throw in a fireball or two to send them on their way. It's a hard battle to win without cheese.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:28 AM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

You mean the final battle?

The ultimate cheese way is to just use summons. A lot of them, and pelt the main bad guy with missile weapons.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Your Stealthed Thief went upstairs first, and saw that you're going to have a tough battle ahead, as six guys who all have names does not look like your average roadkill fight.

Get your Tank (and maybe your Thief) up to at least 100% Fire Resistance, then send your Thief in again, Stealthed, Stealth him again when you can, and then send in your Tank. Use the Tank as bait to try to get the bad guys as close together as possible (Your Thief can get in a nice Backstab or two during this), and when you've got them clustered, bring the rest of your party up the stairs and let fly with your Fireballs and Arrows of Detonation.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:38 AM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

six guys,who all have names,
ha ha ha, it seems silly that only the tough guys have names, and oyu can tell theat they will be hard because they have them, i guess if every person had a name, then it would be too confusing!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:27 AM   #8
mad=dog

"Sneaking quietly up the stairwell Imoen could make out several figures in the immidiate vicinity of the top. She could clearly see that one was the emisary they had encountered two floors below, however from the muffled conversation she could hear that these people did not have friendly intentions. The warriors where clad in premium plate mail emblazoned with the symbol of the Iron Throne and one had a grim looking halberd resting against his side. At least two others looked like competent spellcasters. She quietly went downstairs again to warn the others of the danger ahead."
Old 05-01-2005, 02:40 AM   #9
Midget Gems

When my small adventures come across a big gang of stupid humans, then they like nothing better than to Charm half of their opponents and set them to beat-up the other half. Then they stand back and enjoy the show. Sometimes they throw in Chaos, Confusion and a few summoned monsters for good luck. Why fight when they can get someone else to do it for you.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #10
Demonheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

algernon's cloak. simple as that. to make it even easier, throw in a greater malison first
Demonheart is offline   Reply With Quote