Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2003, 05:28 PM   #1
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

See topic. Any theme will do; fire, ice, poison, regenerative, speed, etc. For mine, I'll suggest an electric character.

Priest of Talos

Storm Star +5
Crom Faeyr/Ashideena Warhammer
Boots of Grounding
Cloak of Reflection
Blue Dragon Plate

Memorizes as many lightning spells as possible; Call Lightning.

I may have missed something, but that should cover it. It may not be the most viable build, but it roleplays well [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-15-2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 08-15-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
perlninja
Dungeon Master

I have't made it through the whole game so I don't know the gammit of items available. But, here's a couple of themes that those more learned than I could expand on:

1)Smurf - for some reason this is the first that sprang to mind. It would be a gnomish bard, I imagine (la la lala la laaaa laa lala la laaaaaa....) with blue as major color, white minor. Any blue equipment would do ok...yes, this is something of a joke. [img]smile.gif[/img]

2)Death Knight - take a Paladin (suggest Undead Hunter) and have him perform enough heinous acts (over the course of Irenicus' temptation dreams, for example) to fall from grace. From then on he is equipped with evil-like equipment: Dark Mail, Duskdeep, Kithix, etc. More of an RP theme than anything since technically he is just a fighter at that point.

3)Dragon Slayer - Wizard Slayer armed with the Dragon set items found in the Windspear Hills and Aegnor's Hide from the Adventurer's Mart, with scrolls of elemental resistances in his quickslots. I guess you could use a fighter and jam a bunch more themed items on, but the magic resistance of the WS is kind of neat that way...

Cheers,

perlninja
perlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

Time for a bit of whimsy...

The Wizard with no Name - a magical western cliche!

Bounty Hunter/Mage

Quick slots loaded with wands (holstered, as it were...)
A crossbow
Spells a mix of combat spells (for hand-to-hand brawling) and shooting-type spells
A Traveller's Robe, naturally (dusty in the extreme)
A Clint Eastwood soundset
Old 08-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Gangrell, wouldn't an assassin be better for the poison theme? The Kensai would do more damage, but this isn't about viability, as stated in the opening post.

Anyone have ideas for a cold character? I love the idea of turning dragons into icecubes (only happened to me once ), and the Ice Star looks pretty, lol. I don't even know what class it would be...wizard? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 07:28 PM   #5
TyranyuS
Suspended for 2 Weeks [Sept10]

Ehm...really dont know but I really would never use Staff of the magi or cloak of mirroring for example. Why ? Because its makes a character ugly.

Thats why my mage got : Staff of Power [img]smile.gif[/img]
TyranyuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'd prefer a poisoned based character, Water's Talon and Infectious Scimitar would be a great combo for it
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:46 PM   #7
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Drunken master. Dwarf with 19 CN or higher. Bracers of AC, for his ability to brawl in bars. Always, whenever possible, gets hammered at an inn after waking up. Uses fists or at most daggers and clubs (whatever he can get his hands on during a brawl, a knife or chair.)
Old 08-15-2003, 10:48 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Drunken Master you say? Sounds like it'd go hand in hand with a monk, or maybe I just watch too much Jackie Chan [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:51 PM   #9
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Well, yeah, but a monk is too in control of his powers to really be able to qualify. There's something slightly wrong about a monk staggering around Amn after one too many ales. Plus, I love the idea of a drunk dwarf wreaking havoc. Him and Korgan together, what a bundle of joy.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:22 AM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

Sorry to be the grumpy one but although there are item spoilers in the subject be careful with referring to ToB items (first post Pyrenk)

The easiest thing of course is fire/red dragon theme

Berserker

Dragon Helmet
Red Dragon Scale
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Scale Shield
Ring of Fire Protection
Ring of Gaxx (it's also red )

Halberds (Dragon's Bane and Dragon's Breath) as secondary weapon
maybe dual to a mage to be able to cast a certain high level spell in ToB.