Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 04:25 PM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I initiated the monk quest, did the two days in the wild (yes I'm absolutely sure it was two days) I was not equipped with anything, double triple checked that, went back into the town, entered the Bushi Dojo but does he say "You have braved the challenges and proved yourself worthy as a monk (or whatever it is that he says)" No, he says, "I must inform you that you still have to complete your monk training." What am I doing wrong?! When I did this in my last playthrough there was no problem. Do I have to go to the Bushi Dojo before going into the wild or something? I can't believe I spent 2 days in the wild for nothing...... Help appreciated

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 06-05-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 04:31 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Reload and spend a little more time in the Wild. The clock works strangely sometimes. Wait until the next noon or midnight, whichever is sooner, and try again.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 04:34 PM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks Saz, I'll give it a shot. I think I'll wait until the next dawn just to be sure, I'm only at sunset after all, it's not that long .

-Jafin
Old 06-05-2001, 04:38 PM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Something just occured to me.... If two characters are on the quest at the same time, would that affect things? I have both my Omphaaz and Whiskah priests doing the quests right now. Could that be why I'm having problems?

-Jafin
Old 06-05-2001, 04:48 PM   #5
Traute
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
Something just occured to me.... If two characters are on the quest at the same time, would that affect things? I have both my Omphaaz and Whiskah priests doing the quests right now. Could that be why I'm having problems?

-Jafin
I usually have my whole party on the quest, no problems. Only yesterday the Guildmaster cheated me out of my promotion and I had to do the whole thing again. I had parked my lot on the town wall, from about 1.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. yesterday - must've been a week, not two days. As they still wanted to level up in their previous class I had them re-equip their clothes and set out to hunt some spiders. I was thoroughly p****d off, when Master Wu didn't recognize the quest as done. No previous save either. So they talked to all the NPCs on the map, exhausted every conversational option - damn, it's still daylight. They hopped on the city wall again and stayed there for about three hours. Quest done.

Traute

Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 06:02 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmmmm.... I just sat there for about 2 hours, went into town, and no still, quest wasn't complete. I think I'm gonna sit up on the wall for yet ANOTHER hour, meaning that's about 6 hours of sitting, those adventurer types must be VERY patient, if they can sit on a hard stone wall for 3 days. Grrrrrrrrrr......... I HATE this quest, it's absolutely got to be the worst in the game!!!

-Jafin
Old 06-05-2001, 06:21 PM   #7
Pangur Ban

My tip for the monk quest:

While waiting ( i.e. staying in one place ) in the wilderness, stay away from the city walls !! Monster encounters can often lead to the monster appearing inside the wall. I thought it was amusing to watch the spider legs coming out of the gate, but its tricky to get rid of them without clicking on the gate by accident and entering the town.
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 07:29 PM   #8
Traute
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
My tip for the monk quest:

While waiting ( i.e. staying in one place ) in the wilderness, stay away from the city walls !! Monster encounters can often lead to the monster appearing inside the wall. I thought it was amusing to watch the spider legs coming out of the gate, but its tricky to get rid of them without clicking on the gate by accident and entering the town.
To make double sure, you could switch spawn to 'seldom' and game difficulty to 'easy'. But I never had a problem with monsters during the monk quest, even if I didn't modify the settings. I usually start the quest when I'm about to stop playing at night, so I'll have some brand-new monks in the morning ......

Traute

Old 06-05-2001, 11:49 PM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I tried, waited yet another hour... The quest still isn't complete.... I wonder if you're supposed to visit the Bushi Dojo before exiting town on the quest... I'm ALMOST ready to give up and just train them as ninja. Not quite there yet though. Grrrrrrr...... I would just like to express my dislike for this quest once more: I HATE THIS !@#$%^&*!@#%%##ING QUEST!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I had to vent. I didn't have this trouble before... Why now? My first time through, I just waited the four hours and VOILA! I had a new monk! No problem. But then I try this time and I can't get the stupid thing to work properly. I'm going to go and sit on the spiked gates of Ishad N'ha for yet another hour. If it still won't work.... I give up..... I guess I'll have 2 new ninja instead of Monks. Don't really want to do that though.... Hmmmm...

-Jafin
Old 06-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #10
Traute
The Magister

Where did you take the quest? You can get it at the Temple, the Warriors' Guild and the Dojo. Did you get your monks after all?

Traute