Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 03:48 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

This is a blatant play for sympathy. I have a workman's compensation injury and my arms are in constant pain. The company I worked for admitted that I was injured on the job, but because I didn't report it in 30 days, they won't pay.

So I can't afford a doctor, haven't worked since January - but slowly am healing (or at least not hurting so badly).

I went to an informal hearing last Spring. It went well for me. Then the formal hearing. I lost that one. So I had an appeal to file.

I got the results in the mail today. I lost that, too.

I have more options and I will persue this, but man - this is dragging on for a long time. I have to go back to work (need the money) even though I am still hurt. Have been calling lawyers looking for someone to take my case. This is not only exhausting, but I get a little bit more angry at my former employer because of this waste of time and my lack of health.

Sigh.

That is all... just tired and achy.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #2
Lord Shield

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

dare i ask what you did to your arms?

Old 11-01-2002, 04:00 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Do your lawyer searching before you call. You can search for counsel that is in your area and does what you need at this site:
www.martindale.com
Only a worker's comp or labor lawyer will take your case, I would say. I can't say more, other than do not delay as the passage of time will likely make your case worse and may bar you from certain avenues of recovery.

I'm out of state where you're concerned, or I'd offer to help you look about. Sorry, but the only lawyers I know in TX work for NASA.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:10 PM   #4
Charean
Hathor

Thank you Timber... been doing phone calls already... will check out the site as well.

Oddly enough, you would think there would be more Workman's Comp lawyers in Dallas then there are. Mainly Personal Injury (the pirana of the profession ). I would appreciate any help at all. [img]smile.gif[/img] And if I go into space... I will definitely call!! LOL

Thank you for the sympathy, LS. Basically it is your standard repetitive stress injury as far as I know. Haven't really had decent diagnostic to find out what the problem is. But at least typing is not too bad if I don't do it very long! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Charean-
I'm upset that you would make such a statement about blood-sucking leaches and piranhas like my son-in-law. Seriously I'll check with him and see if I can get the names of any sharks, I mean lawyers, that take workmans comp cases. If I can find out anything I will pm you on Saturday.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:54 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate any help at all. (grovel grovel)
Old 11-01-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Lord Shield

typing? shows how long sincee we last spoke LOL!! I thoguht you were doing trucking, lass!

Old 11-01-2002, 04:55 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Sorry to hear that Charean.

Maybe this is like applying for disablity, they deny you several times before they finally admit you're right, and then pay you back time?

You definately need a good lawyer!

Good Luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-01-2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-01-2002, 04:58 PM   #9
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
typing? shows how long sincee we last spoke LOL!! I thoguht you were doing trucking, lass!
The trucking is what got me hurt. Typing is what I do online... my bad! (Can't stay away!)
Old 11-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #10
MagiK

I still find you rather appealing