Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #11
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Yes, correct. A car company.
Wrong, it is not made out of recycled buttwiper cans, Bubba ain't smart enough to figure out which end to open!
Correct, the Mexican plant has produced the old school beetle until this year.
Wrong, VW has not been bought out. You are thinking of Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, Audi, and Bently, which all now fall under the VW corporation.
I keep forgetting the rest of the world has bubba the drunk driving the pick-up truck with the youngens in the back, so they have speed limits and such. Over here it's nothing to see, myself included, VW's running in excess of 200 KPH, (that would be about 135 MPH for you buttwiper drinkers) on the A-bahn.

The answer
8 m, that would be 26 feet for bubba.
The turning radius of the original VW Beetle.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #12
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

We had a '73 yellow bug convertable up until 3 years ago. It had the electrical system updated and the Engine was to Porshe specs. That little dude would go!!! It was loud to. The people we bought it from had it featured on the Cover of some VW magazine. Sadly it became a luxury so we sold it. It was fun though.

As for the question at the beginning of this topic, I haven't a clue.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:42 PM   #13
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

You don't know what VW stands for? You mean you never saw the advert where they called it a Vee Dubyah, twas very weird and made it seem like an alien abduction thing and then it turned out to be a car so I didn't like the advert any more [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

And by the way from one Felix to an imposter, i mean other, I dont see why we should be refferred to as Bubba just because we don't give a damn about these cars... back in the day I might get offended but I can't be bothered with being banned etc, for replying in a not so nice way.

I mean come on, 135 MPH? Buy a GSXR 1300 or Hayabusa and have some 200 MPH fun.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #14
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
You don't know what VW stands for? You mean you never saw the advert where they called it a Vee Dubyah, twas very weird and made it seem like an alien abduction thing and then it turned out to be a car so I didn't like the advert any more [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

And by the way from one Felix to an imposter, i mean other, I dont see why we should be refferred to as Bubba just because we don't give a damn about these cars... back in the day I might get offended but I can't be bothered with being banned etc, for replying in a not so nice way.

I mean come on, 135 MPH? Buy a GSXR 1300 or Hayabusa and have some 200 MPH fun.
I was wondering when and if the person who registered 8 months after was ever gonna end up within the same topic. So, you are like, uhm proud to be an imposter?

300 KPH on the autobahn is not really what it's thought to be. If you live, you will be charged with the whole accident (excess speed), and since the wall came down and tourism came up. There are way too many idiots driving now. I was brought up that the left lane is for passing, and if he flashes, (even at 3 k's behind you, you need to move) and not to be a lane hog. Any day on the bahn you will find some "jack" who thinks he is the "man" running less than 160 Ks hogging the left lane. And to top it off, the law recently changed that if you get rear ended in the left lane, it is no longer solely your fault, both parties will be charged equally! And, the minimum speed is now 100 KPH roughly 60 MPH. So, needless to say, even bubba can drive the bahn now.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:09 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bubbas aside, I have driven in Germany twice, I think. I quickly discovered that I am not a left-lane kind of guy, even though I enjoy driving fast. Give me six months, and I'd be up there comfortably, but I was happy putt-putting along at a moderate 160 kph in the right lane, being passed by milk trucks

And to close the loop, the VW plant in Mexico will stop making Bugs at the end of the month, I believe. VW is ending the product line.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:42 AM   #16
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Wrong, VW has not been bought out. You are thinking of Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, Audi, and Bently, which all now fall under the VW corporation.
Lamborghini is owned by VW?

*pauses*

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Seriously, when was Lam. taken over by VW?

[ 07-25-2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]