Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 04:14 AM   #1
zakharak
The Magister

Does anyone know what this brick is:

Dragon's Eye part 5, in one of the rooms to the right hand side, when we meet ....................................... High . ok, but just in the room before him, beside the bookshelf: There is a brick, that when illuminated shows an unlock cursor for the mouse. After clicking it goes away!

Done with Dragon's Eye, but am very curious as whether i should return there if need be.. Thanks all ;/
Old 02-27-2002, 05:50 AM   #2
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

It is related to a secret passage in which, after some fight, you can get a +2 throwing axe. I think you may have taken it since you have pressed the brick......if not, you may need to do some more things though I have forgotten about it.(the last time I played the game is 4 months ago...)
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
zakharak
The Magister

I suppose so, because i did grab that axe.

Question: After i throw it can i regain it?

Thankyou
Old 02-27-2002, 02:12 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Yes, you always recover the axe; it is a returning axe.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:16 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Yes, you always recover the axe; it is a returning axe.

Like Mjøllnir, the hammer from Nordic legend, it will automatically return to your hand once thrown.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #6
zakharak
The Magister

Well at least i don't have to fetch it every time. In doin that i would almost have to use more spells... Thanks for the info, looking forward to that throwing hammer, J'aran.

Later
Old 02-27-2002, 02:37 PM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

You must have misunderstood me. Mjøllnir isn't in the game, it's the weapon of Thor/Donar, the Nordic/Germanic god of thunder and agriculture. I just brought it up to compare it to the Throwing Axe +2, because both weapons have the same ability to return to the wielder's hand after being thrown.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:04 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
You must have misunderstood me. Mjøllnir isn't in the game, it's the weapon of Thor/Donar, the Nordic/Germanic god of thunder and agriculture. I just brought it up to compare it to the Throwing Axe +2, because both weapons have the same ability to return to the wielder's hand after being thrown.

In that case, we need to decide what powers to give Mjollnir (sorry, no neat characters in my typing) so that I can create it in IEEP for loading into the game. Immune to electricity, 20% casting chain lightning per hit, call lightning (even indoors) 5/day, etc.

[img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Would you even need any other weapons after that?

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:29 PM   #9
zakharak
The Magister

Don't forget to add exploding being! That would be cool.

Bounce!
Old 02-28-2002, 05:07 AM   #10
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
In that case, we need to decide what powers to give Mjollnir (sorry, no neat characters in my typing) so that I can create it in IEEP for loading into the game. Immune to electricity, 20% casting chain lightning per hit, call lightning (even indoors) 5/day, etc.

I'd say all that lightning stuff is a bit overdone, maybe lose the immunity. But it would definately have to kill Trolls in one blow. Killing Trolls seemed to be Thor's favorite hobby, and more often than not he slew more than one of them with a single throw of his hammer.